UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

How are ROHs live iPPV streams these days? Thinking of ordering war of the worlds tonight. But remember when ordering a couple iPPVs from them in 2011 the stream was complete shite and out of sync audio.

• Paid Members
Watching Invasion at the Gund Arena on the network earlier got me thinking what arena has hosted the most WWF/WWE PPVs? I imagine MSG is up there if not the most but just curious what arena has actually held the most

Richmond Coliseum has to be up there as well as the Staples Center

Richmond hosted Cold Day In Hell and Armageddon 2006 and that's it.

I thought the Meadowlands and Chicago would be up there. They've been "strongholds" of the WWF/E forever. Some figures for us, then, (mostly) via thehistoryofwwe and wiki (shows in spoiler tags for people that don't want a giant post taking up space) :

Rosemont/Allstate (Chicago) - 13

Madison Square Garden (NYC) - 10

Staples Center (LA) - 9

Joe Lewis Arena (Detroit) - 7

Meadowlands/Continental Airlines/Izod (East Rutherford, NJ) - 7

Baltimore Arena - 6

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Madison Square Garden (NYC) - 10

SummerSlam 1988

SummerSlam 1991

WrestleMania X

Survivor Series 1996

SummerSlam 1998

Royal Rumble 2001

Survivor Series 2002

WrestleMania XX

Royal Rumble 2008

Survivor Series 2011

Meadowlands/Continental Airlines/Izod (East Rutherford, NJ) - 7

SummerSlam 1989

SummerSlam 1997

King of the Ring 2001

No Mercy 2004

SummerSlam 2007

No Way Out 2012

Extreme Rules 2014

Baltimore Arena - 6

King of the Ring 1994

No Mercy 2003

No Way Out 2006

Backlash 2008

Extreme Rules 2010

TLC 2011

Joe Lewis Arena (Detroit) - 7

Survivor Series 1991

Survivor Series 1999

Vengeance 2002

Survivor Series 2005

Royal Rumble 2009

Over The Limit 2010

Night of Champions 2013

Staples Center (LA) - 9

Unforgiven 2002

Judgment Day 2004

WrestleMania XXI

No Way Out 2007

SummerSlam 2009

SummerSlam 2010

SummerSlam 2011

SummerSlam 2012

SummerSlam 2013

Rosemont/Allstate (Chicago) - 13

The Wrestling Classic

WrestleMania II

Survivor Series 1989

WrestleMania XIII

Judgment Day 1998

Backlash 2001

WrestleMania XXII

No Mercy 2007

Judgment Day 2009

Night of Champions 2010

Money In The Bank 2011

Extreme Rules 2012

Payback 2013

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

So there you go. By numbers, the home of WWE on PPV is Chicago.

FYI, 2Xtreme, the Gund Arena held 4 PPVs - SummerSlam 96, No Mercy 99, Invasion and Survivors 04. I'm fairly sure Pink Shellsuit Man went to all four.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
That's now the Izod, so Extreme Rules 2014 would also have been held there.

Quite right, too true, too true, quite right.

Edited by air_raid

Watching Invasion at the Gund Arena on the network earlier got me thinking what arena has hosted the most WWF/WWE PPVs? I imagine MSG is up there if not the most but just curious what arena has actually held the most

Richmond Coliseum has to be up there as well as the Staples Center

Richmond hosted Cold Day In Hell and Armageddon 2006 and that's it.

What about Survivor Series 87,88,92

• Paid Members
Didnt Wrestlemania 2 get a very small PPV showing. Could be wrong but sure i've heard that somewhere which would add another to The All State?

Yes.

Alright lads,

I remember reading about match finishes on here ages ago and there was one that I can still remember. It was from a British show I think and it was something along the lines of a Last Man Standing match and Wrestler A faked an injury but everyone brought it as legit so the match stopped, medical team came down etc then he jumped up after a few mins and hits a superkick on Wrestler B thus winning the match.

Anyone have a clue what Im talking about and what show it was on? Cheers in advance lads.

• Paid Members
Steve Corino vs Al Snow at 1PW's first show in October 2005?

Probably not - I seem to remember in that one they came back from Corino's fake injury to do a load of comedy based around WWE finishers, which kinda made a mockery of the fact they'd just done what seemed like 40 mins of a serious slow-burn contest and a boring fake injury. I have a friend who loved that bout, but I thought it was shite.

• Paid Members
Probably not - I seem to remember in that one they came back from Corino's fake injury to do a load of comedy based around WWE finishers, which kinda made a mockery of the fact they'd just done what seemed like 40 mins of a serious slow-burn contest and a boring fake injury. I have a friend who loved that bout, but I thought it was shite.

It's not the worst match I've ever seen, but it's in the bottom 5. It was simply interminable. At least half the match was spent wishing it was over. If memory serves, it was the last match before intermission, and me and my two accomplices were fucking shattered for the second half. It occurred to us that the wrestlers had lost their way and forgotten what they were doing, how long they had been out there, or what the finish was meant to be. One of the truest examples of "thank Christ that's over" in my 20 years of going to live rasslin' shows.

It was certainly one of the contributing factors to the entire show running so long that the main event of Styles/Abyss didn't start 'til close to midnight and when the show finishes we were tired and in desperate need of food. We had decided to wait and get some food after the show from the "24 Hour" Asda near the Dome, but it was closed when we emerged. I'm guessing a "24 Hour" Asda only means 24 hours a week in Doncaster. Best of all on the drive back down the Midlands, my two navigators fell asleep so I somehow spent an undetermined length of time going round and round some one way system in Chesterfield (IIRC) and we got home about 4AM. Steve Corino, I blame you.