The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

On that tip, I saw a program on tv a few years ago about an American archaeologist who was using satellite imaging analysis to identify the sites of former cities and pyramids in Egypt.  I was really interesting, and near the end he said she was pretty sure she'd identified a few lost pyramids out in the desert, including some whoppers.

I assume it turned out to be shit, as I've not heard about it since, but it's the sort of thing you really WANT to happen, if you understand me.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I saw that. She was using infrared to show different densities in the ground, which basically mapped out old foundations for her.

She proved her theory by going to where the satellite image showed there had once been a settlement, and found artifacts just lying around on the surface that had remained there because of how remote the location was.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Bedtime Stories.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCD4-G3Aokt2sM7TYQV2HmA

Really enjoy this channels content. Covers all sorts from unsolved murders to UFO conspiracies but use their own art instead of the usual stock footage and can make almost anything at least interesting.

Watched the latest episode just now. Good watch. Nice recommendation

• 4 weeks later...

Does this count as paranormal? Not sure but I wanted to share it.

This is my mate Dave, who I've known since I was about 11. When we got to about 15/16 we started getting more and more heavily into alternate realities/astral travelling theories etc and Dave got really into lucid dreaming.

He would drive me fucking mad by checking his watch every 5 minutes for a "reality check" and he would often create these weird and wonderful paintings based on his dreams. I remember he once told me that he had the ability to to do anything within his dreams and do things like fly and this fascinated me, that he was able to be conscious during his dreams and create his own dream.

Sadly I never once was able to do it. Or was I? I don't know, I was asleep.

Anyway, he's recently got back into it and made this short clip which I thought I would share. It's definitely something I want to find out more about. 

Anyone else here able to lucid dream?

• Paid Members

Yes I can lucid dream, although not all the time. Sometimes I can work out I’m dreaming and alter it. most of the time the final step is to pinch myself, soon as I do that and it does not hurt i become aware. 

I can also wake myself up occasionally by blinking in dream.

It’s really hit and miss for me i have also had a few moments where I believe I have woke up only to pushed into another dream inception style. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

He looks like all the Doctor Whos rolled into one

Ive never heard of this, but I have had one dream where it was so real I didn’t know I was dreaming. I was having a dream, woke up, looked out the bedroom door and could see a shadow on the landing. I sat up, heard the stairs slowly creaking and saw someone step on to the landing. Then I woke up again! I had a dream in a dream and it was fucking terrifying! It’s definitely not something I’ll purposely aim for that’s for sure

39 minutes ago, waters44 said:

He looks like all the Doctor Whos rolled into one

Ive never heard of this, but I have had one dream where it was so real I didn’t know I was dreaming. I was having a dream, woke up, looked out the bedroom door and could see a shadow on the landing. I sat up, heard the stairs slowly creaking and saw someone step on to the landing. Then I woke up again! I had a dream in a dream and it was fucking terrifying! It’s definitely not something I’ll purposely aim for that’s for sure

But the point of lucid dreaming is that you control the dream, meaning unless you're a sadist, you won't be purposely picturing shadows on your landing!