The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

I still go though the occasional conspiracy phase but mostly stick to the classics (for lack of a better word) these days such as UFO conspiracy related stuff for example.

How fucked in the head must you be to say "your kid isn't really dead" to a parent's face?

I honestly feel ashamed for watching a lot of Alex Jones stuff in the early 2000's.

• Paid Members

I've found myself falling down various creepy/crypids/conspiracy rabbitholes over lockdown, and I have to say after various discussions on here over the years I find myself taking check of my mental health, and I'm always a little wary about submerging myself in this stuff if I'll already feeling low.Ā 

I got deep into reading everything I could about the Mandela Effect at the beginning of lockdown, and on reflection with everything going on around me I think it genuinely did shake my grip on reality. I don't want to say I was completely convinced, but one in particular really messed with my head, and I was starting to think about it pretty obsessively. Now a few months later and the whole things back to seemingly like people having shitty memories and claiming the whole of reality's changed justĀ to protect their delicate egos.

So yeah, while I wouldn't say having an interest in this stuff has a negative effect on people's mental health, if you are in a bad place this subject matter definitely does seem to have the ability to sneakĀ past the normal logic barriers and make usually easy-to-identify faulty thinking quite seductive. No wonder it's been weaponised in modern politics.

• Paid Members

The constant false flag/fake crisis/Rothschild bollocks has taken all the fun out of conspiracy theories. I used to love a good conspiracy theory, but lost my enthusiasm for them probably after 9/11 due to the sheer stupidity of some of the claims ("The towers are still there! They're hidden by holograms!", "No! The towers were never there! They've always been holograms!").

These last two days I've unintentionally gotten into the Kurt Cobain suicide/murder conspiracy, and so far it's been refreshing to hear something that's actually plausible.

Of course, it might still descend into ridiculousness (David Geffen is involved, after all).

Echo few thoughts here: Conspiracy theories used to be fun. Area 51, Loch Ness, JFK. Now it's just relentless horrible cunts, and it's no longer fun.Ā 

Maybe I'm just getting older. I went through an Icke phase when I was about 16. My Stepmum even spoke to her church as she was worried I was getting involved in satanism.

I lapped up a few of his books and one story in particular in long gone hip hop magazine Fatboss: A CIA worker refused to work on developing weapons of mass destruction, and tried to leave. He woke up one morning feeling groggy and like he'd been drugged.

He discovered there was a translucent patch on his chest full of a strange liquid, which his body was now dependent on and needed changing every 48 hours.

Funny when you're stoned and a teenager.Ā 

Oh, and I love Kurt more than anything, but there's no theory there for me. He killed himself.

1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

but lost my enthusiasm for them probably after 9/11 due to the sheer stupidity of some of the claims ("The towers are still there! They're hidden by holograms!", "No! The towers were never there! They've always been holograms!").

One conspiracy around 9/11 that's never gone away is why the UKFF crashed in the days prior and it wasn't until around the 17th September that the new site was up and running.Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

DAVID ICKE HAS FALLEN. REPEAT, DAVID ICKE HAS FALLEN.

Big David's been banned from Twitter for making false claims about Covid. Same thing happened with Facebook back in March.

Facebook has taken down the official page of conspiracy theorist David Icke for publishing "health misinformation that could cause physical harm".

Mr Icke has made several false claims about coronavirus, such as suggesting 5G mobile phone networks are linked to the spread of the virus.

In one video, he suggested a Jewish group was behind the virus.

Following the ban, his Twitter account posted: "Fascist Facebook deletes David Icke - the elite are TERRIFIED."

Good luck with the grift now you've been completely no-platformed. Look what happened to Milo.

Ruddy elites! šŸ˜ 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Normally I'd get excited by something like that, but it's hard to get invested in what almost always boils down to "Bored artist or Marketing campaign?", and neither get me that excited. If it's not aliens (which it isn't) then who gives a fuck?

Ā 

For me it's all about "Was Ted Turner responsible for the Georgia Guidestones?"

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

My instinct was also viral marketing, but it seems the Utah one may have been around since 2015.Ā 

It would be odd for it to have been in Utah for five years, and then once itā€™s been spotted and taken down, pop up in Romania days later. There must have been a second one kept in Europe as I doubt they could have shipped it across the Atlantic so quickly, and then ship it back for it to pop up in California.Ā 

4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

It would be odd for it to have been in Utah for five years, and then once itā€™s been spotted and taken down, pop up in Romania days later. There must have been a second one kept in Europe as I doubt they could have shipped it across the Atlantic so quickly, and then ship it back for it to pop up in California.Ā 

I the one in Romania is a copycat, but whatever the case a group of artists is sort-ofĀ claiming responsibility .Ā 

Iā€™m not sure I believe them though, itā€™s a great opportunity to gain publicity.Ā 

Edited by RedRooster