The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

The notion of "we can't go to war without allowing every EU member a vote, and will pool resources" is something that I'd probably broadly agree with, and that's all an "EU Army" should be, and likely would be. 

But the people arguing against an EU Army are people who already think the EU are the enemy, so they don't see it as an army we would benefit from, but one we'd be fighting.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:37 AM, Egg Shen said:

whats everyones problem wigh Corbell?

I thought in the Lazar episode of Rogan's podcast, Corbell was very interesting adding details not seen in the documentary.

But in the documentary itself I thought a lot of the narration he did was a bit over the top and self-indulgant, and there were loads of shots of him throughout the phone calls he had with the journalist which made it seem like he was making it about himself much more than most documentary makers do.

I appreciate he didn't have cameras there to record the other end of those calls, but there must have been more interesting options available than seeing him pacing around his house and sitting at his desk as much as there was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

Not really Fortean or paranormal so apologies, but has anyone come across Elan school? 

I stumbled across a post on Reddit a while back and have been getting monthly blog updates from a previous resident. It's all pretty dark and really fills me with anxiety over the treatment of the kids that were forced to live there and how very few of them were actually believed when telling of the abuse. I've read there's a documentary being made called the Last Stop, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of updates. Anyone come across this before? Fills. Me with horror. 

Wikipedia

The blog

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Are any of those type of History Channel shows ever anything but underwhelming? Has there ever been one where they actually find anything of real interest? 

That’s very true, the curse of oak island being the worst of the bunch 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

That’s very true, the curse of oak island being the worst of the bunch 

i was quite intrigued to watch that because I like the story. I looked it up and there's 7 fucking seasons!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

i was quite intrigued to watch that because I like the story. I looked it up and there's 7 fucking seasons!

Exactly the same with me. I knew the story from a book I had when I was young, and whenever I've watched an episode, absolutely nothing happens.

• Paid Members

There's been 112 episodes of it and they have found nothing, just bits of wood and metal from a plot of land that has has every square inch churned up so many times that they can convince themselves that everything they find shouldn't be there. It's madness. Imagine being tricked into the watching the next episode by their clickbait endings over 100 times.

• Paid Members
On 5/25/2020 at 9:27 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Are any of those type of History Channel shows ever anything but underwhelming? Has there ever been one where they actually find anything of real interest? 

Of course not. Because, for a start, genuine historical/archaeological research rarely entails gallivanting about in Indiana Jones cosplay and pretending that decades of preceding research never happened and, probably more importantly, if anything of genuine interest did show up in one of them, it would make headlines long before the show aired.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Those shows are pretty much click bait in TV form.

Perfect analogy! That's exactly what they are. Like the other guys above have said, there's a few of those shows where I've been quite intrigued by the subject, but you just know it would be a massive waste of time watching.