The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

So I know a lot of you enjoyed my piece on James Hydrick, the Kung Fu cultist and man no prison could hold. Well, he's just started speaking publicly about his amazing story, for the first time in over 30 years. Where, you ask? Oh... just on my blog, as a total exclusive. Here's Part I.

And Part II is now up, containing lots of interesting stuff about his Chinaman persona and heat from prison gangs. His first answer is the greatest scene to an unmade movie I've ever heard.

Proper clickbait tactic! Worked though, and it was a good read again. Really cool that you got the chance to put some questions to him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So I know a lot of you enjoyed my piece on James Hydrick, the Kung Fu cultist and man no prison could hold. Well, he's just started speaking publicly about his amazing story, for the first time in over 30 years. Where, you ask? Oh... just on my blog, as a total exclusive. Here's Part I.

And Part II is now up, containing lots of interesting stuff about his Chinaman persona and heat from prison gangs. His first answer is the greatest scene to an unmade movie I've ever heard.

Here's Part III, which goes into Hollywood, and the notion that he might have been the next Charles Manson had he not been stopped. Spoilers -- he fucking hates Danny Korem.

He seems completely deluded.

He's definitely repainted the situation as being something else over the last thirty years. He's set on the whole thing purely being a stage magic act, which got twisted into him claiming to have been psychic, which he definitely never said (despite this all happening on TV), and that he never set out to fool anyone. I'm glad it's still a little smoke 'n mirrory, and I'm only getting a version of the truth, because this stuff is its least fun when the lines aren't blurred, but I'm surprised he's not wanting to take credit for actually fooling anybody, which to me is the whole crux of what's interesting about his story.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

Did I read it right that he thinks Randi cheers him on? I thought Randi hated his tricksy guts.

You read it correct. Although James Randi would never claim to have hated anyone, history's interpretation of those events... differs slightly from James Hydrick's recollection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I had the opportunity to meet up with a bunch of friends in London this weekend. I declined, due to lack of pennies and it being Father's Day and whatnot.

Checked my messages this morning, and it turns out they spent the afternoon with near-unrestricted access to 50 Berkeley Square, regarded as one of the most haunted houses in Britain.

As this place (even just to pass by the outside) has been on my "must visit" list since I was about 8, I'm gutted.

• Paid Members

My housemate keeps telling me that passing gay marriage in the states was just a feel good attention distraction because at the same time Obama just passed the TPP or Trans Pacific Partnership and that's going to destroy everyone on earth's freedom. He said news about it is being blacked out from all media so no one knows what's really going on, even down to reddit removing any posts that mention it.

I'm inclined to side with the anti government side because I do feel like leaders don't truly have our best interests at heart but has the free world as we know it just been ended with Obama signing something or what? My friend makes a compelling enough argument to scare me, especially as some of the specifics which seem to involve freedom, right to privacy etc are things I feel really strongly about.