NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Wouldn't know, never seen him wrestle. But they have given him a gimmick and kept him off TV rather than let him appear in job matches like they do with countless other guys. That suggests they have plans for him.

Yeah but they've taken the hacker gimmick off him twice. Seems to me they like the gimmick, maybe not so much the man.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched NXT from last night's Sky Sports 2 broadcast and there was no Enzo/Big Caz skit (that I saw), any reason it would have been cut? Was it the barber shop one in the post above me?

**EDIT** Just read that they came out after the Sami Zayn / Marcus Louis match, was this on the Sky Sports showing and I skipped through it?

Edited by burchybabi

• Paid Members

Is NXT on the Network commercial-free? I.E. a full hour of footage?

The showing on Sky this week definitely seemed tight for time what with the 4 showcase matches for the NXT title match competitors, the divas match AND the tag finals.

Could explain why a skit was cut.

• Paid Members

The skit I referred to was the Barber Shop one posted above. If it was cut from the UK showing, that would make sense why the commentators couldn't work out what was in the bucket they brought out, which was revealed in the earlier skit.

Edited by Nick James

Is NXT on the Network commercial-free? I.E. a full hour of footage?

The showing on Sky this week definitely seemed tight for time what with the 4 showcase matches for the NXT title match competitors, the divas match AND the tag finals.

Could explain why a skit was cut.

Apart from the odd WWE video promo, it is ad free and runs more or less 60 minutes. I'm assuming SKY Sports would have proper ad breaks so would cut the run time down to about 45 minutes. So it's probably just a case of being cut for time

• Paid Members

Yeah, just been & had a look at the NXT recap on 411, and there's a whole bunch of stuff that was cut - don't recall seeing backstage promos from the tag team finalists, any Enzo/Cass involvement, or a KENTA promo (which by the sounds of it may have just been a 15-second graphic with Scott Stanford v/o, but...)

I'm assuming Carmella gets added to the act from here on in? Turns up at Takeover having been fired from the salon?

So it's almost that time again for a NXT Special. The fatal four way has potential match of the year written all over it.

NXT Championship - Fatal Four Way

Adrian Neville © Vs. Sami Zayn Vs. Tyson Kidd Vs. Tyler Breeze

NXT Tag Team Champonship

The Ascension © Vs. Sin Cara & Kalisto

NXT Womens Championship

Charlotte © Vs. Bayley

Hair Vs. Hair Match

Enzo Amore Vs. Sylvester Lefort

Mojo Rawley Vs. Bull Dempsey

The debut of KENTA

• Paid Members

Check out this embarrassingly bad photo shoot with Bull Dempsey from WWE.com....

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/bull-dempsey-wrecking-ball-photos

I was pissing myself flicking through these. The camp throwback theme falls flat on its face because the guy just looks so appalling- shit physique and the least intimidating face I've ever seen on someone being pushed as a tough guy. Really hope they give up on him soon, it would take the piss if he ever made the main roster.

It's a shame, because the gimmick is something I would be well into with the right man fronting it.

• Paid Members

Jesus I wouldn't even take him seriously as a tough guy on a Brit wrestling show let alone WWE. Developmental is weird in that they have some guys who are so obviously good and destined for good things but then they also put a lot of time into guys who are clearly no hopers like Dempsey and Mojo Rawley.