General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

I've just watched the new jackass film and while it's not terrible it's by far the worst out of the 4 films. 

There's some amazing stunts but there sandwiched between random misses so it's a roller-coaster but not really the best sort.

I gave it 6/10 but I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks about it 

28 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I've just watched the new jackass film and while it's not terrible it's by far the worst out of the 4 films. 

There's some amazing stunts but there sandwiched between random misses so it's a roller-coaster but not really the best sort.

I gave it 6/10 but I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks about it 

Bit of chat here about it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah that’s a shame. I thought the first two were enjoyable, I’m sure the third one will be too. But it’s probably for the best as lord knows what could be done with it. No doubt they’ll try to make the  “Wizarding World” into a “Marvel Cinematic Universe” and deserve all the misfortune that’ll inevitably come with it. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

But brilliant news for me and @Scott Malbranque

This has been a magnificent past year for us and Noomi. Really looking forward to this one. Looks right up my alley. 

Would love to have it to watch now. Am Covideded'd up and am looking for stuff to watch and after - legit - 3 hours shuttling through all my movies, I settled on a Ruthless Aggression documentary for some bizarre reason. 

14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah that’s a shame. I thought the first two were enjoyable, I’m sure the third one will be too. But it’s probably for the best as lord knows what could be done with it. No doubt they’ll try to make the  “Wizarding World” into a “Marvel Cinematic Universe” and deserve all the misfortune that’ll inevitably come with i

I think its more with the Discovery merger, cost cutting is coming. The article doesn't really rule out 4 and 5, it just says they'll assess the box office, which will probably be good but not superb (the international BOR has been pretty decent)

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I think its more with the Discovery merger, cost cutting is coming. The article doesn't really rule out 4 and 5, it just says they'll assess the box office, which will probably be good but not superb (the international BOR has been pretty decent)

Each has been down. Number 2 made $650m and they hope this one hits $500m but the films cost almost $200m to make. When content is king for Streaming I could see a 4th outing made for HBO Max being a posibility, but unless this one outperforms expectations, and with no 4th script being written, I could see this being the last one.

Also, in the UK the first Fantastic Beasts had a £15m opening weekend, £12.3m for the sequel and this latest one, £5.9m.

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Each has been down. Number 2 made $650m and they hope this one hits $500m but the films cost almost $200m to make. When content is king for Streaming I could see a 4th outing made for HBO Max being a posibility, but unless this one outperforms expectations, and with no 4th script being written, I could see this being the last one.

Also, in the UK the first Fantastic Beasts had a £15m opening weekend, £12.3m for the sequel and this latest one, £5.9m.

Entirely possible, but WB are going through some weird stuff at the moment. Its still a recognizable brand and will be important to them. Perhaps they'll let it rest for a few years and then hit it back up. HP is so all encompassing that brand awareness wont ever be an issue.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

This has been a magnificent past year for us and Noomi. Really looking forward to this one. Looks right up my alley. 

Wonder if it will get a bit of a cinema run like Lamb did. Still annoyed I watched that online before I knew it would be getting some screenings.

35 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

No fucking cinema near me is playing Benedetta, who do I blame this time? I think I'll choose JKR.

Read a thread on Twitter where a gay couple were getting abuse on an Amtrak, some bloke told their kids their dads were rapists and paedos. She got the blame for that too.