General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

No Moonrise Kingdom, neither of the Red films, no Hostage, no Striking Distance, but 12 Monkeys in the top 5 and two Shyamalan films. A bad list even by Guardian film writer standards.

• Paid Members

Some important news. Daniel Radcliffe to play Weird Al Yankovic

https://deadline.com/2022/01/daniel-radcliffe-to-play-weird-al-yankovic-in-roku-biopic-from-funny-or-die-1234913838/?fbclid=IwAR1niVoS8-upcpDnPJPUpVJI_NJIug73DkeAN7BQYxYXkz-f0mx7GAWy6Tk

“When Weird Al first sat me down against my will and told me his life story, I didn’t believe any of it,” admitted Appel, “but I knew that we had to make a movie about it.”

“When my last movie UHF came out in 1989, I made a solemn vow to my fans that I would release a major motion picture every 33 years, like clockwork. I’m very happy to say we’re on schedule. And I am absolutely thrilled that Daniel Radcliffe will be portraying me in the film,” said Yankovic. “I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for.”

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, it’s the apocalypse!

I really liked him in the first Kingsmen, Eddie The Eagle, Sing and Rocketman. But I can see why people don’t like Rocketman (though I would hope we can all agree it’s a better biopic then Bohemian Rhapsody). But he can be rather bland in other things like that Robin Hood film I turned off.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bland 

Our Daniel's got previous with horses. Starred in the play 'Equus' in the late noughties. For those not in the know, it's about a young man who has a fascination with horses. He got stark, bollock naked for this role as well. 

download.jpeg.890d90901248b4ffba7362e4fac4f124.jpeg

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Someone check on Tom Cruise, it could be Brian’s chance to shine 

I'd expect so. Considering we're still waiting on MI7 and Top Gun 2. I wonder if that means one of those coming out in 2022 rather than both, with the other being 2023. Hopefully not, considering both seem to have been delayed for an eternity now. 

Edited by WeeAl