Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Nah, that's OK - given the sheer difficulty I'm having finding any leads online, I'm grateful for any info going.

EDIT: @Keith Houchen - I wouldn't mind catching some hurling/camogie, but never really got the opportunity. I saw a live football match when I was in Ireland in the summer, and was able to grasp it pretty quickly, which is why I got into it. That said, if I ever do get into it, my team will probably be Offaly.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling all Excel nerds, I need some help creating graphs. I have a dataset of 450 lines with 12 columns. 

In the first column it is an Identifiable number for a service user. In the second column it is the date they took a questionnaire and in the remaining 10 columns it is the answers to the questionnaire which is an answer between 1 and 10. 

What I want to create is a unique plotting graph each user and how they are improving over time for each question. So the horizontal axis would be the 10 questions, the vertical axis the question answers and the graph would show x number of times they have taken the questionnaire so I can see if the user is improving or getting worse. 

If I am not making sense,blame baby brain but I am happy to PM some sample data if anyone wants a crack at solving my conundrum, 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Calling all Excel nerds,

*sits up like a meerkat*

Sounds like you need to rejig it first. Each row should be:

User ID / Date of test / question number / score 

Then you can turn it into a handy PivotTable. 

• Paid Members
On 11/01/2018 at 12:24 AM, Monkee said:

Please keep us updated with how you progress with this.

So, I've tried to get in contact with a Rabbi but I'm not yet able to have a response. I'm sticking with it though, but evidently need to try at better times. 

I've started to read up on it and get a basic knowledge of the laws and belief structure. 

I'm also planning to fast and do what I can for a seder for passover. Nowhere anywhere near me does kosher food though, not even Sainsburys any more, so it's more of a learning experience for the significance of the festival than a full acceptance of the kosher laws. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'm also planning to fast and do what I can for a seder for passover. Nowhere anywhere near me does kosher food though, not even Sainsburys any more, so it's more of a learning experience for the significance of the festival than a full acceptance of the kosher laws. 

They don't really label stuff blatantly as kosher, but many kosher foods will have a symbol on it signifying it's kosher.

Understanding-Kosher-Labels-Helpful-for-

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

They don't really label stuff blatantly as kosher, but many kosher foods will have a symbol on it signifying it's kosher.

Understanding-Kosher-Labels-Helpful-for-

The only thing with any mark was the matzo and that had 'not suitable for passover' underneath so I was plum out of luck. 

There's not even much Halal food in shops without a trip towards Birmingham or Leicester as there's just not the market. 

• Paid Members

Hmmm. Ive heard the

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_foods

It's like the Jewish version of halal.

I've heard this before. Would that be an over simplification of it? Are Halal foods interchangeable with Kosher foods. On the surface it would seem so. In practice I'm guessing that it isn't the case.

• Paid Members
Just now, BigJag said:

Hmmm. Ive heard the

I've heard this before. Would that be an over simplification of it? Are Halal foods interchangeable with Kosher foods. On the surface it would seem so. In practice I'm guessing that it isn't the case.

Kosher states slightly different things, no mix of meat and dairy, no shellfish and so on. The way animals are slaughtered isn't too dissimilar though based on what the Muslim gent I work with says. 

There's additional rules for passover forbidding yeast and its derivatives or something along those lines. You're meant to cleanse the house of it according to orthodox law so I'm told. 

Sorry to go on :(

Archived