Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid question: How do I find out what model iPad I have? I want to download Knights Of The Old Republic but it says I need iPad 2 or newer to run it, and I can't remember what version mine is...

Check the model number on the back, on the Apple site it tells you . Without meaning to sound like a bell, if you google "What model iPad do I have" it tells you there!

• Paid Members

I'm in London at the end of the month for the NFL, staying in Shepherds Bush. Any local type peeps please recommend me some decent pubs & places to eat within the vicinity? I'm going with a mate as opposed to the wife so I'm thinking along the lines bar food/BBQ eats & real ale or craft beer type pubs as opposed to fine dining & cocktails.

Cheers in advance

• Paid Members

It's not actually close to Shepherd's Bush but if you're looking for a BBQ place and enjoy NFL then you should take a trip into Soho (straight across on the Central Line) for Bodeans. It's the best BBQ restaurant in London, in my opinion, and is always showing US sports on the TVs.

• Awards Moderator
Stupid question: How do I find out what model iPad I have? I want to download Knights Of The Old Republic but it says I need iPad 2 or newer to run it, and I can't remember what version mine is...

Check the model number on the back, on the Apple site it tells you . Without meaning to sound like a bell, if you google "What model iPad do I have" it tells you there!

But I like you lot more than google.

Cheers though, I'll have a check.

is there a way to play old pc games on windows 8?

I have player manager 2000 that I really want to have a go at, as it was one of my best games.

I ve installed it and ran the program. but the screens massive and you can't see it all. I ve tried left clicking and changing it to run on xp or windows 98 mode but thats not worked

any ideas

is there a way to play old pc games on windows 8?

I have player manager 2000 that I really want to have a go at, as it was one of my best games.

I ve installed it and ran the program. but the screens massive and you can't see it all. I ve tried left clicking and changing it to run on xp or windows 98 mode but thats not worked

any ideas

Dosbox and a Dosbox front end will help you as can make your game ready and raring to go. I cant link to it as per forum rules, but a google and you should be good to go!

• Moderators

When my mate busted his ankle it was the opposite; for a long time he had to find the lowest possible cut shoes so they didn't rub on the ankle because that caused discomfort. I think he rocked a lot of those plimsole-y type shoes like Converse or Dunlops.

With your condition I really reccomend going and trying a lot of pairs on to find something comfortable that works for you.

That won't work. Social anxiety would mean I wouldn't really be able to tell during a try-on. Subconsciously (and consciously) all of my brain would be focusing on how the shop worker is thinking "leave, fat smelly idiot" too much to notice how comfortable the shoe is. But thanks for the insight there, you might be right about the low shoe thing. I get a kind of painful electric shock if my ankle comes into contact with a floor or door or something, so it might be true that it would irritate me. Although I wear this thing at the moment:

procare_surround_gel_ankle_brace__79955.jpg

Without too much trouble, so my thinking is that I should be after shoes that create a similar effect.

• Moderators

High tops won't be tight enough to have that effect though. And their looseness is why the rubbing would irritate you as compared to that which just holds in place. To recreate that you'd need some full height lace ups, like motorcycle boots or something. Probably not the look you want to be cultivating, and probably ultimately less comfortable.

Archived