Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I've severely bruised my foot in the past, multiple times when it's been stamped on in rucks and mauls playing Rugby, including a hospital visit with a bruised bone. I;ve also bashed shit out of my toes kickboxing, but luckily never broken a bone excluding my nose since that's cartlidge.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to get a VHS working. The video comes up on the TV, but there's no sound and intermittent, black and white, very grainy picture. I've tried manual tuning and that does nothing. When I bought the tape, it said it was brand new and it was sealed. I was sceptical that it would be brand new but at least expected it in viewable condition. Is the tape fucked or could there be something I'm doing wrong? The tape looks to be in good condition and the VCR is supposed to detect whether it's LP or SP (this should be SP). The VHS is PAL too.

I should point out I've tried other videos and they've worked fine on the VCR.

This is the fine video I'm trying to watch.

On a similar tip, does anyone know how to adjust the azymuth screw on the Spectrum +2's tape player? I just can't get Bionic Commando to play, and I've run out of Citadel Minatures to paint. This is really ruining my summer holiday :(

• Paid Members
I'm struggling to get a VHS working. The video comes up on the TV, but there's no sound and intermittent, black and white, very grainy picture. I've tried manual tuning and that does nothing. When I bought the tape, it said it was brand new and it was sealed. I was sceptical that it would be brand new but at least expected it in viewable condition. Is the tape fucked or could there be something I'm doing wrong? The tape looks to be in good condition and the VCR is supposed to detect whether it's LP or SP (this should be SP). The VHS is PAL too.

I should point out I've tried other videos and they've worked fine on the VCR.

This is the fine video I'm trying to watch.

Are you going through SCART or the RF out?

• Paid Members

Going through SCART, there is no manual tuning as it's on a fixed frequency. You should just be able to put it on AV and sit back.

Can your VHS generate a test screen, or does it have a menu you can bring up to check that the output signal is otherwise fine? It could be the SCART lead that's fucked, or one of the sockets clogged with shite or loose on the PCB.

• Awards Moderator
On a similar tip, does anyone know how to adjust the azymuth screw on the Spectrum +2's tape player? I just can't get Bionic Commando to play, and I've run out of Citadel Minatures to paint. This is really ruining my summer holiday :(

Jeweller's screwdriver. Or one you get from a cracker. There's a good guide here. And I look forward to seeing Bionic Commando on your list ;-)

Going through SCART, there is no manual tuning as it's on a fixed frequency. You should just be able to put it on AV and sit back.

Can your VHS generate a test screen, or does it have a menu you can bring up to check that the output signal is otherwise fine? It could be the SCART lead that's fucked, or one of the sockets clogged with shite or loose on the PCB.

If it's playing other tapes fine though...

Archived