Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I usually be a reimbursed-later kind of motherfucker if my travel expenses are being covered, but I've been sent pre-booked details to attend a meeting and I'm to collect them from the self-service machine.

When you go to collect your tickets you will need:

1. Your collection reference: [54980YTHNGJR]

2. A debit or credit card (your card will not be charged).

Won't I need their card to get the tickets?

No. The card is only used for some sort of check that looks up the card against bookings used against the card and will automatically issue the tickets if it matches. In your case it will just work out you haven't bought a ticket on your card and will prompt you for the collection reference.

I do the same thing every couple of weeks and book tickets through the company travel portal and pick them up at the station at one of the virgin trains machines.

I find it hard sleeping at night due to mental health issues. I've been using these cheap portable dvd players.

So you watch films instead of sleeping I'd advise sorting that issue out first before worrying about DVD players bro.

I'm sure if it was simple enough to do then he would have by now. Instead of laying down with nothing but their thoughts, (Which can be daunting.) I'm sure they use dvd's/films to take their mind off things.

COB, why don't you get a decent tablet instead and download movies or use it to watch stuff off of various sites. I don't get much sleep due to issues with my back/neck and use a tablet to watch stuff while my body slowly shuts itself off. It should work out cheaper in the long run too.

I'm sure if it was simple enough to do then he would have by now. Instead of laying down with nothing but their thoughts, (Which can be daunting.) I'm sure they use dvd's/films to take their mind off things.

I quite often use BBC Radio 4 or the World Service for this exact purpose. Audible voices to keep you mind distracted from your own thoughts and help you drift off. I find that having long baths, reading books, and listening to spoken word radio is a half decent combination for the promotion of peaceful sleep.

No. The card is only used for some sort of check that looks up the card against bookings used against the card and will automatically issue the tickets if it matches. In your case it will just work out you haven't bought a ticket on your card and will prompt you for the collection reference.

I do the same thing every couple of weeks and book tickets through the company travel portal and pick them up at the station at one of the virgin trains machines.

Cheers, excellent.

I find it hard sleeping at night due to mental health issues. I've been using these cheap portable dvd players.

So you watch films instead of sleeping I'd advise sorting that issue out first before worrying about DVD players bro.

COB, why don't you get a decent tablet instead and download movies or use it to watch stuff off of various sites. I don't get much sleep due to issues with my back/neck and use a tablet to watch stuff while my body slowly shuts itself off. It should work out cheaper in the long run too.

I have a nexus 7 and a windows 8 PC. Have software called DVD shrink 3.2 which let's me put my DVDs onto a portable hard drive. Nexus 7 doesn't want to connect to my portable hard drive. I use the nexus media Importer but that doesn't work. I used to put videos on my phone but the whole video would have the softwares name in the middle. If there's some software that doesn't do that I would try again. I have so many movies and wrestling events I just like the idea of picking a random film or ppv to watch without having to rip it and put it on a device. The portable dvd players were great but they just broke. Maybe I should spend my money on a decant company's portable DVD like Sony then get these cheap ones of eBay

So I had a slight prang in my car on Wednesday. It was a blind corner, one track road (here is said corner http://goo.gl/maps/zZtXA) on the other side big fuck off Land Rover coming the the other way, I put brakes on went straight into skid at 20mph because of debris, leaf mulch on and wet road. No damage to either car, well nothing bar slight scratches on fenders. No details or numbers were exchanged, indeed the other driver said 'forget it' because there was no discernable damage.

I'm not suddenly going to get a call from my insurer because they other car is going to be claiming all sorts, if the drivers taken down the Reg number or something am I? It was one of those prangs where neither was at fault because there was literally no where else for either of us to go. If I hadn't have skidded and hit him, he would have hit me anyway as there was no where else for either of us to go. neither of us were going fast or whatever and damage would have been slight /minimal either way.

Anyone help?

My advice would be to call your insurer and log it with them as 'information only'. Your contract with the insurer will state that you need to inform them of anything that may lead to a claim. It will add a very slight weighting to your next premium but with most insurers recording operating losses at the moment many of them are looking for any excuse to void a policy in the event of a claim. It won't have any impact on your no claims and it won't be recorded as a fault claim although you will need to mention it for the next 3/5 years when looking for insurance although it won't have a major effect on the premium.

My advice would be to call your insurer and log it with them as 'information only'. Your contract with the insurer will state that you need to inform them of anything that may lead to a claim. It will add a very slight weighting to your next premium but with most insurers recording operating losses at the moment many of them are looking for any excuse to void a policy in the event of a claim. It won't have any impact on your no claims and it won't be recorded as a fault claim although you will need to mention it for the next 3/5 years when looking for insurance although it won't have a major effect on the premium.

Cheers, for the rapid response. A slight weighting will corpse us financially :(. I live in one of the post codes where bump and shunts have driven the premiums sky high. Paying a fortune for an 04 Ford Ka fully comp with 10 years plus no claims as it is.

I need to ring the insurers anyway, as need to check cover driving my mum's car (Nissan Micra) when I'm home next week, so will mention it then, pants :(

No worries, I've been on the end of an insurer threatening to void a policy and it's the most stressful thing I've ever had to deal with. You might find it only adds around 2-5% to the premium. In fact a relative of mine had his premium remain roughly the same as he had an extra years no claims at renewal, which is when any weighting will take effect. All these exaggerate shunts and bumps along with their associated personal injury claims are putting insurance through the roof everywhere. Better safe than sorry though.

My 3G coverage with O2 has been absolutely shocking since I went with them in April. Does anyone have any experience in complaining about it? If so, how did you go about it and what did you get out of it? I'd be happy with my bill getting reduced even just a couple of quid.

• Moderators
I usually be a reimbursed-later kind of motherfucker if my travel expenses are being covered, but I've been sent pre-booked details to attend a meeting and I'm to collect them from the self-service machine.

When you go to collect your tickets you will need:

1. Your collection reference: [54980YTHNGJR]

2. A debit or credit card (your card will not be charged).

Won't I need their card to get the tickets?

Why do they even ask you to put your fucking card in then? Because I do my own bookings for travel, so am using my own card. I put it in the machine, and it still makes me enter the fucking reference code. What a waste of time... unless it's just so that way if someone nicks your reference and steals your ticket they can match a name to the transaction using the card details..?

My 3G coverage with O2 has been absolutely shocking since I went with them in April. Does anyone have any experience in complaining about it? If so, how did you go about it and what did you get out of it? I'd be happy with my bill getting reduced even just a couple of quid.

Inboxed ya with some stuff that could help

Archived