Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I managed to get hold of a single Monty Python ticket for Wednesday 2nd July. Floor seat. It wasn't ideal as I'd been trying for two, but it's better than nothing, so I went for it.

Kept trying, though, and through another website managed to get a pair of tickets for Friday 4th. Seats not as good but there are two of them which is what I really wanted.

However, this means I now have a Python ticket I no longer need, and would like to get rid of. Where are the best places to sell on tickets? I've never had to before.

UKFFers get first pick if any of you lot wants it, though!

• Paid Members
I managed to get hold of a single Monty Python ticket for Wednesday 2nd July. Floor seat. It wasn't ideal as I'd been trying for two, but it's better than nothing, so I went for it.

Kept trying, though, and through another website managed to get a pair of tickets for Friday 4th. Seats not as good but there are two of them which is what I really wanted.

However, this means I now have a Python ticket I no longer need, and would like to get rid of. Where are the best places to sell on tickets? I've never had to before.

UKFFers get first pick if any of you lot wants it, though!

Give me a section, row and seat number. I may be interested.

What are the actual consequences of that cunt Cameron and his cunt mates selling off student loans to debt collection agencies for those still in debt?

My income has always been unstable and coming in in dribs and drabs since I graduated, so the student loan has tended to come out of my paychecks sporadically (I've never been able to put aside enough in savings to consider paying it off voluntarily). Can they now start pestering people with student debt with letters and phonecalls, or would that go against the terms that were initially signed up to? If not, what's the actual advantage for the companies in buying what a large proportion of would probably be considered 'bad debt'?

What are the actual consequences of that cunt Cameron and his cunt mates selling off student loans to debt collection agencies for those still in debt?

My income has always been unstable and coming in in dribs and drabs since I graduated, so the student loan has tended to come out of my paychecks sporadically (I've never been able to put aside enough in savings to consider paying it off voluntarily). Can they now start pestering people with student debt with letters and phonecalls, or would that go against the terms that were initially signed up to? If not, what's the actual advantage for the companies in buying what a large proportion of would probably be considered 'bad debt'?

Is this really going ahead? As if the tuition fees debacle wasn't enough to stop people going to uni, this is actually a bit terrifying.

It appears to be no different to when that cunt Brown sold off mine to a private company a few years ago (this isn't a brand new Tory idea). T&Cs remain the same, but the direct debit goes out to a different company.

Right, cheers for answering - I was aware that this kind of thing had started with New Labour, but was concerned that this lot might have reworked it to screw people even more efficiently. If it's nothing that's going to change the practicalities of repayment (or non-repayment, as it were) or bring the bailiffs to the door, then my mind's at ease.

Is this really going ahead? As if the tuition fees debacle wasn't enough to stop people going to uni

Something should stop so many people going.

Not sure if this will get much notice in here, but didn't think it was right to start a new thread over.

Some of you may remember frank who used to post here. He's currently a film student and is in need of a couple of actors fairly urgently due to the actors he was using on his current project dropping out at the last minute.

This is what he is after.

I'm shooting my latest short film on Friday 29th November and my original actors have had to leave the production, so I am attempting to recast. I require ONE MALE actor (playing age 24-32) and ONE FEMALE actor (playing age 22-30). I have no specific character look or requirements however partial nudity will be required (male in boxer shorts, female in a corset).

The film is called Dirty Laundry, it's a dark comedy about a young married couple who have become bored with their sex lives and decide to create a role play scenario.

The shoot will be in Stoke-on-Trent next Friday. I will cover your travel expenses within reason but unfortunately the position is unpaid. Being a student film, my budget has gone on obtaining props and the best kit to shoot the film on. I will provide plenty of refreshments on the day.

Thank you for reading, if you are at all interested in the role or would like to know more please contact me.

If anyone is interested or knows of anyone who might be, PM me and I'll forward you his details.

• Paid Members

I keep on getting mildly threatening letters asking me where a guy I used to know (in bloody 1997!) is so he can pay his student debt. Keep on having to phone them up and tell them I don't know where he is. Haven't seen him since 1998. Don't have a clue why he would put my name as a contact. He stayed in Helensburgh or something.

Not harassing me for money, just asking where he is. Need to do it every few months.

Archived