Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm a spotty fuck.

I'm not as bad as I was during my teenage years, but it can't be denied. I have good weeks and bad weeks, but I'm 26 years old now and I need to stop getting them.

So, any tips? I suppose removing sugary drinks and sugar from teas and coffees, ditching chocolates and sweets etc. I guess more exercise would help? Any miracle creams out there?

During my peak of teenage / early 20's spottiness some cream called "quinoderm" was pretty effective. Pretty expensive though, and smells pretty potent. Might burn your face for the first few applications too.

I still get marginally spotty myself like, especially on my upper back, but luckily the ones on my face don't get so red and swollen any more.

Im thinking about getting a android phone on pay as you go as I havent bought a phone in about 10 years and wondered what a decent one I could get around 100 pound as thats my budget. Nothing too big just something that will play games like candy crush but a decent size.

Then I found out there is a sky app so I can watch what I subscribe for but checking the list it only supports

Google: Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5

HTC: Desire, Desire S, Desire X, Desire HD, Incredible S, Sensation, Sensation XE, One, One Mini, One V, One S, One SV, One X, One X+, One XL

LG: 4X HD, G2

Samsung: Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 2 LTE, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Mega 6.3

Sony: Xperia M, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia SP

Motorola: RAZRi, RAZR HD

Would the sky app be worth it or is there a alternative one as im guessing the virginmedia app wouldnt work unless you pay for it.

So after a bit of advice really as been in both carphone warehouse and phones4u this week and they seem a tad expensive.

I'm a spotty fuck.

I'm not as bad as I was during my teenage years, but it can't be denied. I have good weeks and bad weeks, but I'm 26 years old now and I need to stop getting them.

I always thought spots would stop once I was in my twenties. For the most part, they did, but occasionally I'll be struck by a couple. And I've got grey hair. Surely you're never meant to have spots and grey hair at the same time. Worst of both worlds.

• Paid Members

Still get spots at 34. I don't think they ever truly go away. Don't get them at the level I did at 16 though, but they still sprout up a lot. Big ones with yellow heads. I seem to get them a lot more when my hair is longer too.

• Awards Moderator

Anyone know much about record players? I'm looking to get one which doesn't need any restoring and works fine, but not one of the fake vintage ones knocking about with USB bollocks. I've seen a few online which are described as being in 'acceptable' working order and others which need work which may end up costing more than the unit itself.

I'm absolutely clueless as to what to expect to pay, good models, ease of upkeep (replacement needles and stuff) etc. so even by looking at eBay I can't see the woods for the trees. Any info, recommendations or good deals would be appreciated.

Cheers!

• Paid Members

I just booked a hire car for when i'm back in December. Enterprise it was, who don't even ask for a credit card to guarantee the booking. Should I be worried that its not going to be there when I turn up (and its the back of beyond, to hire a car from the airport was double the cost of getting one 20 miles away for only 2 days time)?

Do many shops etc do this nowadays, I thought it was all about getting the payment upfront?

Archived