Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I've got a load of old issues of Viz I'd like to get rid of. I know I could chuck them, but thought Id see if I could get anything for them. I'm not expecting much. If anyone's interested or knows of somewhere that might take them, let me know. Ive got a list of issue numbers, don't want to put them all here, message me if you want to know.

• Moderators
Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I've got a load of old issues of Viz I'd like to get rid of. I know I could chuck them, but thought Id see if I could get anything for them. I'm not expecting much. If anyone's interested or knows of somewhere that might take them, let me know. Ive got a list of issue numbers, don't want to put them all here, message me if you want to know.

I'm listening.

• Paid Members

Despite people thinking I'm some sort of computer expert, I actually know very little about them, especially hardware. That being the case, could anyone tell me if this is a good piece of kit?

Refurbed Macbook Pro

I'm very comfortable with Macs, and I can get hold of all of the software I use for freelancing (photoshop and Indesign, mainly) for one. This place was recommended by our IT guy, and gives me a huge discount on the mad expensive brand new stuff.

Anyone have any experience upgrading laptop processors? I've acquired (read: after my netbook battery/motherboard fucked up, was conned into buying) an old laptop with a 1.6 GHz processor. Having looked into it, it seems I can upgrade it to a dual-core 1.8GHz processor that'll work with the chipset.

I can get the processor second-hand for about

• Paid Members

To those who have moved out into their own place, is it normal to almost immediately get bored of living back at home even when you're enjoying yourself?

Like, there's so much more happening here than at my flat and I love seeing the family and stuff, but I've been here since the 22nd and I just want to get back home, so I'm leaving tomorrow. Just feels like I'm a guest.

Does anyone know if there's a way of creating a list on a tablet or mobile that you can check whilst in a shop to see if you have the item already?

I was in a DVD shop in a different town and saw a DVD that half of me said I already have it and that other was saying I don't think I have.

If I could put all my DVDs into a list onto my tablet or phone I could type in the title and see if I have it

Can this be done

Archived