Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luck of the draw really.Wimax is shite if lots of other people in your area use the service,or if your place is blocked by trees or other tall buildings.Not reliable enough for gaming or most other real time uses because of the mostly crap ping times.Had it for a few months til we got cable broadband and it drove me insane.Best bet is to see if anyone you know has it in your area and see how they find it.

I've never played football before and hence know sod all about what boots are correct for muddy surfaces and artificial pitches. Are these boots suitable for both mud and artificial grass? I'll only be having a piss about so don't need anything super, but also don't want to be sliding around the pitch like a fat version of Torvill and Dean. I'll struggle enough not to fall over as it is.

1545996_10153748207775397_1830254107_n.jpg

I'll be buying off the internet too. Are sizes roughly comparable to trainers or do you go half a size up in footy boots?

Yeah, that's the level headed approach I suppose, thanks. I was just about to buy them on complete impulse, knowing absolutely nothing about what they'll be like. I'm going to have a word with some lads at work tomorrow who play football at a half decent regional level, I think. They'll probably be able to advise me on what's what.

There's a tempting personalisation option on these buggers too, but you can only have 4 letters or numbers (including spaces). Not much can fit into 4 characters, but luckily the side I'm going to hopefully get a run out for are nicknamed

• Paid Members
Just do what I usually do for buying footwear, go to shop and pick up something I like and try it on. Then remember the brand and name of shoe then buy online for less. You don't want to buy some boots then find out they're like slippers.

Or buy them and wear them, if you don't like them then return them to the shop while you're still wearing them. Anyone seen AJMcStyles recently

Dunno how it is down your way Richie but in Glasgow the centres with 3G/4G astro grass only allow astro trainers or moulded plastic studs. Rubber blades and metal tips aren't allowed because they damage the pitch. Most guys I see at Sunday football either have 2 pairs of boots (1 for each surface) or a decent pair of moulded stud boots.

Dunno how it is down your way Richie but in Glasgow the centres with 3G/4G astro grass only allow astro trainers or moulded plastic studs. Rubber blades and metal tips aren't allowed because they damage the pitch. Most guys I see at Sunday football either have 2 pairs of boots (1 for each surface) or a decent pair of moulded stud boots.

Thanks for that. Yeah, the lads at work were saying you have to have plastic studs for the artificial pitch, but I still didn't really know what I was looking for (or whether plastic studs are any good for a mud pitch).

The work lot have started doing semi weekly piss about matches on week nights on the arti' which I was hoping to use to learn how to actually kick a ball before coming off the bench for the Dev in a Sunday league game. Obviously I'm going to need some boots to play at all, I'm not taking it seriously enough to buy 2 pairs though!

Archived