Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Anyone have experience switching a pay-as-you-go gas and electricity meter to a normal pay monthly one with British Gas? My girlfriend and I are moving into a new house in a few weeks and want to switch to a new company who told us to get British Gas to change the meter first. However, I've heard that they can be arsey about switching it. What's the easiest way of getting it done?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have experience switching a pay-as-you-go gas and electricity meter to a normal pay monthly one with British Gas? My girlfriend and I are moving into a new house in a few weeks and want to switch to a new company who told us to get British Gas to change the meter first. However, I've heard that they can be arsey about switching it. What's the easiest way of getting it done?

Had a similar situation with eon. Moved into a new place, card and key for electric and gas. After explaining we were new tenants, they changed them free of charge, but they said they do charge for a change with existing tenants. Arsey yes, but no long term hassle.

• Paid Members

British Gas aren't going to make it easy for you, as you've been warned already. I've had on going problems with them in the past that in the end resulted in me threatening them with court action. I'm amazed they haven't been investigated on Watchdog and the like yet, or have they?

Isohunt essentially got closed down by the MPAA. The owner settled out of court. He actually closed it down a few days ago, explaining it was to prevent a full backup being made. It was, for me, easily the most reliable torrent site I've used.

Link to an article explaining in more detail:

http://torrentfreak.com/isohunt-shuts-down...up-plan-131021/

• Paid Members

I bought one of these second hand on Ebay over the weekend. In the description, it says they come with an SD card slot so you can play downloaded games.

Hand Held Sega Mega Drive

I wouldnt have a clue where to start with something like that, anyone have something similar and can point me in the right direction?

not sure if this will work but maybe someone can help.

I find it hard sleeping at night due to mental health issues. I've been using these cheap portable dvd players. they don't have a make on them and are called evd player. to be fair they played region 1 and 2 so that was a good thing but I've gone through three in the last year. they just all of a sudden switch off and that's it nobody seem to be able to fix them.

so my next step before I ask for a portable dvd from sony for xmas. is to see if I can hook up a dvd drive to a small monitor. I've got a 7" monitor that they use in the back of cars for kids to watch dvds. if I brought a dvd drive could I get it to connect to the monitor? or do I need a dvd player instead of a drive?? I need something fairly small as its going to find on my bedside table.

any help would be met with arms wide open

• Paid Members
Isohunt essentially got closed down by the MPAA. The owner settled out of court. He actually closed it down a few days ago, explaining it was to prevent a full backup being made. It was, for me, easily the most reliable torrent site I've used.

Link to an article explaining in more detail:

http://torrentfreak.com/isohunt-shuts-down...up-plan-131021/

Thanks. What other reliable alternatives are there?

I usually be a reimbursed-later kind of motherfucker if my travel expenses are being covered, but I've been sent pre-booked details to attend a meeting and I'm to collect them from the self-service machine.

When you go to collect your tickets you will need:

1. Your collection reference: [54980YTHNGJR]

2. A debit or credit card (your card will not be charged).

Won't I need their card to get the tickets?

Archived