Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

I don't especially keep up with ROH these days. I've seen enough on the internet to be familiar with most of the current roster, but a few lads have passed me by so there were a new faces for me at the show last night. One that stuck out is Punishment Martinez - is he just a lanky and more dopey looking Roman Reigns? It really seemed like he couldn't be arsed last night...

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I love the Young Bucks, but that’s an excellent description of their in-ring work. It’s like fast food. Brilliant in the moment, but it doesn’t last at all.

I’ve seen a GIF online of Cody running in on a match disguised as a referee, counting two, then pulling his bandana off to reveal that it’s him, before pulling a brilliant troll face. I think it’s from the U.K. tour. Does anyone know what show? I’m desperate to see it properly. 

Yeah it's from the London show on Saturday during the main event. 

• Paid Members

Thanks! I’ll seek the London show out! 

Never in a million years did I ever think Cody would be one of my favourite acts in the business. He deserves all the credit in the world for the way he’s rebuilt himself outside of WWE.

I was at the Dome show on Sunday night. Really enjoyed the show. Crowd were fairly quiet for the opener but livened up during Silas Young vs Doug Williams which was a great back and forth.

Bully Ray is great, just a brilliant wind up.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:30 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Bully Ray is great at working a crowd and am still undecided whether the 'You're not D-Von' chants at Shane Taylor were PC or not. 

I didn't think those chants were too bad considering as soon as Bully walked out and started being a bellend the crowd were chanting "We want D-Von". Taylor walked out second and it just struck me as funny as they were just answering their request.

Tanahasi/ Page really delivered and the main event was brilliantly chaotic and way better than I was expecting. The only match that I thought was total dogshit was Sakai vs Chardonnay. Total crickets throughout, Sakai is garbage and the screaming like an agitated mogwai started to wear thin really quickly.

22 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

The only match that I thought was total dogshit was Sakai vs Chardonnay. Total crickets throughout, Sakai is garbage and the screaming like an agitated mogwai started to wear thin really quickly.

It was telling that the crowd was on their feet for every single entrance (and exit) apart from the women's match. Fair enough it was late in the show, it was humid as fuck in the venue and we didn't get an interval, but the total lack of interest spoke volumes about the general attitude towards women's wrestling. I felt like people were almost into it by the end, giving them a decent enough round of applause in a kind of "well done, that wasn't as bad as it might have been" sort of way. It definitely could've been worse. 

• 2 weeks later...

ROH are apparently going to be running MSG next year.  Maybe during Wrestlemania week?

If I finally end up going to a MSG show and it's not a WWE show, that's going to be madness.

According to the reports MSG have had enough of WWE choosing Barclays over MSG (especially for Mania) and have been approaching other wrestling companies.

AAA also might be running a show there soon, probably before ROH.

46 minutes ago, The Dart said:

ROH are apparently going to be running MSG next year.  Maybe during Wrestlemania week?

If I finally end up going to a MSG show and it's not a WWE show, that's going to be madness.

According to the reports MSG have had enough of WWE choosing Barclays over MSG (especially for Mania) and have been approaching other wrestling companies.

AAA also might be running a show there soon, probably before ROH.

Historic moment if true. WWE has had exclusivity rights to MSG for wrestling events for, what, 30+ years?
WCW and others did run the smaller [Paramount?] theatre on several occasions but never the main hall.

I am in love with ROH again. I don't know how this has happened. The TV has become really fun lately and watching what ever I have time for from the tour shows has really got me hyped for the big shows. Raw aside, a great year for wrestling so far :) .......

• Paid Members

Apparently in this day and age, WWE cant have exclusivity on it because of how little they run it. The reason nobody else runs it is because its so expensive. And if Sinclair is really laying the cash down, why not go for it? No better time in the last 2 decades for a non-WWE company to run it.

They really need to up the production values, though. If Sinclair is really committing on taking ROH to the next level, they need to go all in on making that shows look really nice.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

On 5/31/2018 at 6:01 AM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

but the total lack of interest spoke volumes about the general attitude towards women's wrestling

Surely less that and more indifference to Delirious' shite booking of the women?

On 6/13/2018 at 1:13 AM, Philjax said:

I am in love with ROH again. I don't know how this has happened. The TV has become really fun lately and watching what ever I have time for from the tour shows has really got me hyped for the big shows. Raw aside, a great year for wrestling so far :) .......

Agreed - I'm loving ROH right now. I've cancelled WWE network as I couldn't give a toss about any of it other than NXT, and it really frustrates me seeing talent do excellent work and then get "promoted" (AKA being shuffled into mediocrity). Instead I've purchased an Honorclub subscription and its absolutely brilliant! Great value! I've just finished watching both State Of The Art shows from this weekend - New TV Champ! 

I truly think Honorclub is an absolute game changer for ROH.

MPDTT

3 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Agreed - I'm loving ROH right now. I've cancelled WWE network as I couldn't give a toss about any of it other than NXT, and it really frustrates me seeing talent do excellent work and then get "promoted" (AKA being shuffled into mediocrity). Instead I've purchased an Honorclub subscription and its absolutely brilliant! Great value! I've just finished watching both State Of The Art shows from this weekend - New TV Champ! 

I truly think Honorclub is an absolute game changer for ROH.

MPDTT

You don't get the PPV's with Honor Club though do you. That's the only thing that bothers me. Well, plus the whole archive of shows isn't there. Not that I would have the time.....

Just now, Philjax said:

You don't get the PPV's with Honor Club though do you. That's the only thing that bothers me. Well, plus the whole archive of shows isn't there. Not that I would have the time.....

Not true. If you pay the top package, I believe you do.

Just checking....