Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

2 hours ago, MPDTT said:

The problem is that it seems so, so likely that that is what they will do. To the point that my money is on Scurll picking up the belt. It would allow Dalton Castle the time out he needs, but would further add to the bad blood within Bullet Club story line.

I'm calling it for Marty Scurll. 

MPDTT

There's noway Cody is losing 

• Paid Members

If Cody wins the ROH title, won’t it cause issues when he’s facing the IWGP and NWA champions in the upcoming months? Won’t the respective companies be pushing for their guys to win? Is there a prescedent for this happening in the past?  

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

If Cody wins the ROH title, won’t it cause issues when he’s facing the IWGP and NWA champions in the upcoming months? Won’t the respective companies be pushing for their guys to win? Is there a prescedent for this happening in the past?  

You make a good point but Dalton has to drop the title and I just can't see Marty winning it... Is he ready for a world title run or would it be 6 months to soon

Cody only gets the nwa title match if he wins the ROH title first, it’s the condition of the match. Looks like he’s taking the nwa belt as nwa and ROH have been doing some things together 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Cody only gets the nwa title match if he wins the ROH title first, it’s the condition of the match. Looks like he’s taking the nwa belt as nwa and ROH have been doing some things together 

Not true, Cody gets his shot at NWA belt regardless. But if he wins the ROH strap, he has to put up also against Aldis at All In.

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Unsure about old PPVS. The 9.99 deal doesn't include live PPVS (only 50% discount). The VIP package includes all PPVS and all historic PPVS and all house shows live. That's under £100 for the year.

2 hours ago, False Alarm! said:

If I were to sub to the $9.99 per month 'Honour Club', would I get access to the older events? 

Unsure about old PPVS. The 9.99 deal doesn't include live PPVS (only 50% discount). The VIP package includes all PPVS and all historic PPVS and all house shows live. That's under £100 for the year.

• Paid Members

Watching the main event, I’m absolutely baffled by the result. Not only does Dalton feel ridiculously cold as Champion, but the guy looks absolutely fucked physically, barely able to take more than a couple of bumps.

Great Young Bucks vs. Briscoes match.

Everything else was pretty skippable. 

Only caught the main so far, but yeah, that match hasn't done Castle any favors as a babyface champion has it? Spends the majority of the match sitting on the outside letting Cody/Marty beat one another up, throws his mate over the top rope as opposed to going to sort Aldis out himself, tries to steal a pin following a finisher. Doesn't help that he's by far the most irrelevant person in that match. Like I said before, the ROH curse of somebody cooling off drastically once they win the belt has struck again. Having your champion overshadowed by somebody who doesn't even work for your company really isn't a telling sign.

Speaking of which, what the fuck was that with Aldis? He's the least interesting man in wrestling, and should, therefore, have zero right cropping up in your main event of a PPV. Doesn't he want Cody to lose as well? So why, if this is the case is he fucking Dalton out of the win? Confusing.

Thought in whole it was quite rushed and clunky. Nothing memorable about it at all. Wouldn't go any higher than ** 1/2.

I thought the show was amazing top to bottom. Although I agree the wrong person own the main event....and they were clearly over running. Although Adam Page not winning annoyed me more than Dalton retaining. 

I'm really interested to know what's going on with Impact / ROH. Definitely something...... for the Impact belt to be front and centre in that Aries / King match. Given that new WWE TV deal, an Impact / ROH merger with both Anthem and Sinclair holding equity could be the only way they can retain talent and compete...... I'm convinced something is going on behind the scenes.