Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

22 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Well, All In will be on Honorclub, free to VIP subscribers! I'm a big fan of Honorclub and have enjoyed every show so far.

yeah i read that tonight on the roh news feed well at least were getting ALL IN and its airing live so as a VIP subscriber im happy and if im honest roh up loading the honor reunited shows a day or two later is no biggie i will just have to stay away form spoilers and keep away from youtube ...i noticed the other day that slamaversary has been upload to the gwn app two weeks later witch isn't bad i guess

I can't believe the ROH thread isn't front and centre today. The news they sold out the Garden is probably the most significant event in wresting outside WWE since the final Nitro. First All In, now this.

A successful streaming service, hot product, the partnership with NJPW and a wrestling fan base sick of what McMahon is churning out and seeking something different.

Sinclair is not short of cash. If this milestone news today encourages a significant cash investment from Sinclair, we could have a geniune #2 promotion on our hands, that isn't considered a "super indy", but a WWE alternative.

Game on!

I for one have got rid of the WWE Network and am an Honorclub subscriber.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

The news they sold out the Garden is probably the most significant event in wresting outside WWE since the final Nitro.

Wow. I'm sure ROH fans will enjoy acknowledging this as much as a bout of scabies, but Hogan turning out for TNA was so much bigger than this, I'd run out of words.

• Paid Members

Surprised TNA never tried to run MSG. It would never have came close to selling out, and they'd have lost their arse paying for the building rent, but this is a company who went head to head with Raw on Monday (without an unopposed hour, meaning they go their arses kicked more than they should have - by choice!) You'd have thought this would have been one of their ideas we'd look back on and go "remember when TNA had six people show up for Hogan vs Sting at the Garden?"

Hogan to TNA.....I did forget about that one...

But today's news is big. The company has huge momentum. And great financial backing. It will be interesting to see where this goes and whether they can hold onto the the likes of the Bucks, Omega, Cody and Scurll when their contracts are up

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Surprised TNA never tried to run MSG. It would never have came close to selling out, and they'd have lost their arse paying for the building rent, but this is a company who went head to head with Raw on Monday (without an unopposed hour, meaning they go their arses kicked more than they should have - by choice!) You'd have thought this would have been one of their ideas we'd look back on and go "remember when TNA had six people show up for Hogan vs Sting at the Garden?"

If TNA had ran MSG during 2010 when they had Hogan, Angle, AJ, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair and their patchwork quilt of good hands underneath, I'd have found the funds to go and not be lamenting not having been to the Garden 8 years later, brother.

Edited by air_raid

Are people actually that into ROH? Sometimes it feels like it's hard to tell where ROH ends and NJPW begins. I couldn't tell you. Same with Impact and Lucha Underground some weeks.

Not saying it's a bad thing per se as it's clearly working but I can't help but feel NJPW is the main draw here. What would ROH be without them? I'm not sure at the moment.

4 hours ago, kidzero said:

Well for me personally really enjoy roh it's the best American product out there.. But Tna is coming along nicely.. but I love new japan the wrestling, the characters and the overall performance and presentasion is amazing 

Agreed

• Paid Members
On 8/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, DavidB6937 said:

Are people actually that into ROH? Sometimes it feels like it's hard to tell where ROH ends and NJPW begins. I couldn't tell you. Same with Impact and Lucha Underground some weeks.

It appears to be a bubble of fans who are really into ROH but don't talk about it online much. Whenever a new episode of the TV show is dropped or there's tapings or even a PPV, the lack of buzz is really noticeable. I have to use Twitter for work, so I have a column dedicated to 'wrestling Twitter' with all the usual good eggs, and you really see how little attention ROH gets outside of the big 'Mania week shows and the occasional New Japan tie-in. I'd say more people watch BTE than ROH TV.

26 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

It appears to be a bubble of fans who are really into ROH but don't talk about it online much. Whenever a new episode of the TV show is dropped or there's tapings or even a PPV, the lack of buzz is really noticeable. I have to use Twitter for work, so I have a column dedicated to 'wrestling Twitter' with all the usual good eggs, and you really see how little attention ROH gets outside of the big 'Mania week shows and the occasional New Japan tie-in. I'd say more people watch BTE than ROH TV.

Yeah there a lot of people like that who only tune in for the big shows... I always find time to watch roh TV every week  and shows streamed on honor club not to mention buying merchandise and just trying to support them however I can... Any idea when honor reunited is gonna be uploaded to honor club 

• Paid Members
On 8/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, DavidB6937 said:

Not saying it's a bad thing per se as it's clearly working but I can't help but feel NJPW is the main draw here. What would ROH be without them? I'm not sure at the moment.

That 16 minute sell out for the 40% of tickets sure seems to me like an MSG-load of people heading to the area for Mania wanted to see Tana, Okada and Naito in the Garden and ROH being involved was a coincidence. Certainly why I fancied it. I'd be floored if they could sell the same tickets to a similar sized venue, even over Mania, without the involvement of the New Japan regulars. Apart from Cody, he doesn't count.