Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

1 hour ago, dopper said:

With Page, Cody, & The Bucks all losing fair & square the rumours of them leaving are going to continue until January 1st at least.

Agree. Pretty obvious they are leaving. I hope And believe they are not going to WWE, so will probably be setting up their own promotion.

• Paid Members

It was a good show but it was just...kind of there. They had the eyes of the wrestling world on them, what with all the heavy handed rumours about The Elite and the new signings, but all they did was put on a more lively ROH event. They had this massive opportunity to really hook new and lapsed fans, but they went with the safest route possible. Where were the debuts and the storyline hooks? I've got no particular reason to subscribe or follow the product after that show. A sound 4 hours in an echo chamber, but did nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Brody King, PCO, Bandido and Mark Haskins in so far.....

Great signings and will all thrive, I'm sure. But certainly not enough to replace the Elite and SCU. Let's see what else they have lined up....

Decent signings, but they’re running the risk of signing guys to appease the fans pissed off at losing the Elite at this rate. Starting to feel though they’re bringing in these names for the sake of bringing in “big” indie names with a bit of buzz around them as opposed to building down a foundation for future years.

PCO is over 50 and it’ll be interesting to see if they completely over-expose him through a television format, Bandido is a great wrestler sure, and the prospects of seeing him crop up in New Japan are wonderful, but he isn’t someone to build the company around. Brody King is a decent worker with some good buzz and Haskins is a decent signing, though I can’t see him being around often.

Haven’t been able to watch Final Battle yet but reviews seem quite favourable!

• Paid Members

It's less to do with "replacing The Elite", or building a foundation for the future, and more to do with signing people to deals in an increasingly dynamic market - with NXT signing up everyone they can get, and the (IMO, overstated) prospect of All Elite on the horizon, any promotion with the financial backing to pin people down to exclusive deals is doing the right thing by signing up guys with buzz around them.