Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Just now, MPDTT said:

Not true. If you pay the top package, I believe you do.

Just checking....

Yep:

https://www.rohwrestling.com/nonmembership

I've paid $120 for the year, that's £90, for the VIP package, that includes:

- All PPVs

- All TV

- All 'On Tour' Shows (that has included both 'State of Art' shows over the weekend and all 3 'Honor United' shows from the UK. 

Honorclub is amazing value - as ROH genuinely don't do house shows - they seem to go for it with every show! The TV and Tag title matches from last night were incredible, so was the Flip/Scurll/Lethal 3 way and The Kingdom v CMLL.  

37 minutes ago, Philjax said:

Good stuff. I think a tenner a month for NXT and a PPV is fine so i'd struggle to cancel the network and switch though.

All I was watching the Network for was Nitro re-runs and NXT. No main brand product. I don't even watch Raw or Smackdown on Sky.

If only ROH/NJPW would share each others content from their streaming services - or merge them for western audiences, I'd be over the moon!

3 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

All I was watching the Network for was Nitro re-runs and NXT. No main brand product. I don't even watch Raw or Smackdown on Sky.

If only ROH/NJPW would share each others content from their streaming services - or merge them for western audiences, I'd be over the moon!

Although I think a "pay $120 for a full year of Ring of Honor and add NJP World for 50% off (and vice versa)" is far more realistic and would be an amazing win for both promotions

2 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Yep:

https://www.rohwrestling.com/nonmembership

I've paid $120 for the year, that's £90, for the VIP package, that includes:

- All PPVs

- All TV

- All 'On Tour' Shows (that has included both 'State of Art' shows over the weekend and all 3 'Honor United' shows from the UK. 

Honorclub is amazing value - as ROH genuinely don't do house shows - they seem to go for it with every show! The TV and Tag title matches from last night were incredible, so was the Flip/Scurll/Lethal 3 way and The Kingdom v CMLL.  

Yeah honor club is great value I think it only cost €99 for a year vip subscription have to say I'm loving roh its probably my favorite subscription service along with njpw world.. But yeah I loved the dallas show and I'm delighted for punishment I'm a big fan of his.. Let's see how thing pan out at best in the world I have a feeling doltan Castle is dropping the belt to cody

Just a thought...for anyone interested in Honorclub.....

The Santander Zero Credit Card is free.....but has zero foreign transaction fees - meaning you can buy an Honorclub membership and get the inter-bank exchange rate on the $ purchase without getting screwed. A great card to have for anyone buying or travelling internationally.

Not financial advice :)

• Paid Members

MSG is off. From PWInsider.....

By Mike Johnson on 2018-06-19 11:39:00

Ring of Honor has lost its debut event at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.

During an interview with ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff this morning to promote the 6/29 Best in the World PPV, I asked Koff about the pending debut for ROH in MSG.  Koff responded:

"You know, I’m going to tell you Mike because you are asking.  I’m not going to discuss beyond this statement because I am not going to litigate this in the press.  We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE.  We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion.  I’m expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City."

Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Chris Ripley revealed in an interview with The Baltimore Business Journal on 6/12 that ROH had secured a date with Madison Square Garden and will debut in the legendary arena in 2019.    Ripley did not reveal the exact date and referred to the move as part of a strategy to move ROH, which Sinclair has owned since May 2011, to bigger venues.  The belief among many is that the date would have fallen on Wrestlemania 35 week in April 2019, something ROH never confirmed officially.

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

MSG is off. From PWInsider.....

Hide contents

By Mike Johnson on 2018-06-19 11:39:00

Ring of Honor has lost its debut event at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.

During an interview with ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff this morning to promote the 6/29 Best in the World PPV, I asked Koff about the pending debut for ROH in MSG.  Koff responded:

"You know, I’m going to tell you Mike because you are asking.  I’m not going to discuss beyond this statement because I am not going to litigate this in the press.  We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE.  We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion.  I’m expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City."

Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Chris Ripley revealed in an interview with The Baltimore Business Journal on 6/12 that ROH had secured a date with Madison Square Garden and will debut in the legendary arena in 2019.    Ripley did not reveal the exact date and referred to the move as part of a strategy to move ROH, which Sinclair has owned since May 2011, to bigger venues.  The belief among many is that the date would have fallen on Wrestlemania 35 week in April 2019, something ROH never confirmed officially.

Fuck WWE. Their product is crap and so are their business dealings.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:41 PM, MPDTT said:

Excited for Best in The World PPV. My first live ROH PPV on Honorclub. The card looks phenomenal.

Yeah I'm looking forward to best in the world on Friday night and in August we have honor reunited will be a good weekend of wrestling with roh on the same nights as nxt and summer slam gonna be epic 

• Paid Members

I’ve only started following ROH again this year. What are the chances they put the World Title on Cody to build towards Champ vs. Champ matches with Omega in the Cow Palace and Aldis at All In?

Edited by Supremo

16 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’ve only started following ROH again this year. What are the chances they put the World Title on Cody to build towards Champ vs. Champ matches with Omega in the Cow Palace and Aldis at All In?

Pretty likely I'd say. Castle has followed the ROH route of being really over, and then cooling off hugely after winning the belt. His reign feels pretty directionless, whereas with Cody at least he's promoting your championship and putting it into the limelight. Plus he's been working hurt for ages so hopefully if he drops the belt they have him take some time off.

1 hour ago, AdamTH17 said:

Pretty likely I'd say. Castle has followed the ROH route of being really over, and then cooling off hugely after winning the belt. His reign feels pretty directionless, whereas with Cody at least he's promoting your championship and putting it into the limelight. Plus he's been working hurt for ages so hopefully if he drops the belt they have him take some time off.

The problem is that it seems so, so likely that that is what they will do. To the point that my money is on Scurll picking up the belt. It would allow Dalton Castle the time out he needs, but would further add to the bad blood within Bullet Club story line.

I'm calling it for Marty Scurll. 

MPDTT