Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

But the former is the definition of combat sports, the latter a form of sexual harassment. There is a difference.

Wrestling mimics combat sports in an entertainment setting, where two people settle their score in a fight. Right or wrong, the people who are upset are saying that wrestling shouldn’t mimic sexual assault in an entertainment setting.

There’s no parallel. You can’t say ‘they wrestle for the story, so of course they can force themselves on each other for the story’. They’re two different issues.

That's fair enough.

Maybe I'm just too desensitised to stuff having lived through ECW and the Attitude Era where stuff like this would happen all the time and nobody would bat an eyelid.

Randy Orton DDTs Stephanie and kisses her while she's unconscious in front of her husband and brags about it afterwards and everyone goes 'What an angle! That really got Orton over as a slimy prick and made people want to see HHH kick his arse!'. BrandI Rhodes forces herself on Kenny Omega and brags about it afterwards like a heel would and  it's 'the most disgusting thing ever! I'm never watching ROH again!.

Times change I guess. 

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

7 hours ago, Philjax said:

I hear Austin Aries turned up recently, with all those belts, including the Impact one. Are all the companies working together now?

I'm a big fan of aries he should have beaten Neville for the Cruiserweight title at last year's mania and it's good to see him back in ring of honor but I don't want an roh impact crossover impact has really gone down hill.

Edited by kidzero

From podcasts Callis has done, it’s not working together, just not preventing wrestlers working other places they can earn money and get exposure. Running as a normal non tv Indie really 

5 hours ago, Louch said:

From podcasts Callis has done, it’s not working together, just not preventing wrestlers working other places they can earn money and get exposure. Running as a normal non tv Indie really 

That's good to hear what did every one think of the 16th anniversary show..I enjoyed it Cody has come on leaps and bounds since he's WWE days

I'm sure ROH must be delighted with the ticket sales for Crystal Palace so far! I just had a look at the seating chart and that's impressive!

Would love to see Marty Scurll get a title shot on that card - could probably sell out the National Sports Centre....

6 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Would love to see Marty Scurll get a title shot on that card - could probably sell out the National Sports Centre....

Scurll is getting his title shot on April 7th at Supercard Of Honor, I reckon he’ll win and come over as champ. 

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Philjax said:

I assume it's Callis that's brought all this together meaning ROH/NJPW talent will soon be on Impact too?

Christ I doubt it, NJPW are smart cookies, imagine Naito or Tanahashi working in front of 30 people that are only there to dry off from the log floom. Talk about aura destroying, worst crowd in Wrestling that lot.

6 hours ago, MPDTT said:

I'm sure ROH must be delighted with the ticket sales for Crystal Palace so far! I just had a look at the seating chart and that's impressive!

Am I the only one who doesn't 'get' Marty Scurll?

Honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. He may have good matches but a lot of guys have far better in my opinion.
He looks cool in his entrance garb but that's about it.

Maybe if he's on these shows and I see him live he might change my mind but currently... nah...

2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m a huge Scurll fan, he’s got a good gimmick and he’s never disappointed me when he’s performed. 

In regards to good matches but others have far better, I’d like to know who you’re comparing him too. 

Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Zack Sabre Jr, Travis Banks.... there's countless British guys I prefer to watch over him but obviously that's personal taste.

• Paid Members
On 15/03/2018 at 8:14 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Zack Sabre Jr, Travis Banks.... there's countless British guys I prefer to watch over him but obviously that's personal taste.

Whoops!