Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

8 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

What's the pricing for the different coloured seating brackets?

The Green Dots are £70

The Gold Dots are £50

The Light Blue Dots are £35

The Purple Dots are £25 

The Grey Dots are Unavailable/All ready sold seats

I just looked and it hasn't changed so loads of seats available for the mornings General sale  

3 hours ago, rihan007 said:

Hi have you got the seating map screenshot for ROH London venue Crystal Palace Sports Centre and pricing at all 

2018-03-08

This is Crystal Palace as it currently looks

The Green Dots are £70

The Yellow Dots are £60

The Orange Dots are £50

The Blue Dots are £35

The Dark Grey Dots are £25

My seat is the Greyed out Blue dot on the Smaller tier side, Center to the ring, my brother backed out once he realised it was Champions League Final night so I'm going it alone and could only really afford the £35 seats, was frustrating knowing I could have had front row but the wife wouldn't have been Impressed had I stretched to those prices. 

Edited by MVP RULZ
Spelling error

13 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

The Green Dots are £70

The Gold Dots are £50

The Light Blue Dots are £35

The Purple Dots are £25 

The Grey Dots are Unavailable/All ready sold seats

I just looked and it hasn't changed so loads of seats available for the mornings General sale  

Cheers dude

• Paid Members

Kenny Omega and Cody are reigniting my love for professional wrestling. The pop for Kenny taking the bear head off was amazing. It’s such simple, brilliant stuff. Between Cody’s character work and Kenny’s in-ring work this is a dream feud. I even like the fact that they’re alluding to Kenny and Ibushi’s potentially gay relationship in a way that isn’t the usual pro-wrestling way of, “fucking hell! They’re bummers! Run away!”

Great stuff.

As someone who is new to all this, is this normal, for the same angle to be ran on both ROH and NJPW? Or is this a new thing?

So I have been seeing outrage on Twitter regarding an incident from the show last night.
It has been described as 'rank', 'unsettling' and 'vomit inducing' by several posters. Another said it 'made their skin crawl'
Not having seen the show, I was naturally shocked and intrigued by what the incident could be.

It went on - 'this is desensitizing people to sexual assault',  'degrading to pansexual people'... another described it as 'assault, attempted conditioning, bi-erasure, shaming/humiliation' and 'abhorrent'.

FUCK!
ROH must have really overstepped a line here!... and here's me having just bought tickets to their show in Doncaster!
What's the incident they are referring to? I just had to find out!

GENUINELY.... I shit you not... this is the incident all of these comments were referring to.

Be warned. If you are sensitive this may trigger you.

I hate modern wrestling fans....

Not having seen it outside of as a GIF, the way I heard it spoken about was that she went on to claim that because they had kissed that he couldn't be gay. I can imagine many bi/pansexual people not being comfortable with that, given that their sexuality is often dismissed within both gay & hetero communities (referred to as 'bi-erasure').

Also, forcing yourself on someone without their consent like this is definitely a form of assault, so they're not wrong there either.

Hmm, well I get that but at the end of the day it's a wrestling show.

I'm not saying that, because of that, all bets are off but at the same time wrestling has never exactly been known for its PC content.

I know we are in different, more enlightened, times these days but the righteous, indignant over reaction to things like this does infuriate me.

Finally, a wrestling company is featuring LGBT characters and storylines in a positive light and then the slightest thing happens, which I imagine is the start of something bigger anyway, and people jump all over it.

Plus, I'm struggling with the whole morality of  'beating someone up to resolve an issue' is fine (which is fundamentally what wrestling is) yet kissing someone 'without their consent' is assault?

Anyway.....

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

Plus, I'm struggling with the whole morality of  'beating someone up to resolve an issue' is fine (which is fundamentally what wrestling is) yet kissing someone 'without their consent' is assault?

But the former is the definition of combat sports, the latter a form of sexual harassment. There is a difference.

Wrestling mimics combat sports in an entertainment setting, where two people settle their score in a fight. Right or wrong, the people who are upset are saying that wrestling shouldn’t mimic sexual assault in an entertainment setting.

There’s no parallel. You can’t say ‘they wrestle for the story, so of course they can force themselves on each other for the story’. They’re two different issues.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz