Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

There's plenty of Bullet Club shirts on Spreadshirt, who are also print on demand so there's lot of choices regarding style of shirt, colour etc. While shipping from America is kinda costly, about once a month there's a voucher code for free shipping at checkout. No valid code at present for that, but I've included a link to a site that keeps track of these things.

https://www.spreadshirt.com/bullet+club+t-shirts

https://couponfollow.com/site/spreadshirt.com

• 3 weeks later...

Well the UK tour is underway, so this is surely worth a bump.

York Hall was an excellent night that surpassed the previous night's RevPro show in my opinion, especially in the second half. Dalton & The Boys v Liger/Delirious/Mistico was mad fun; Dalton & especially Liger were over as fuck, Liger retiring is gonna be so so sad. Bullet Club/LIJ was ridiculous, everyone was over as fuck - even Adam Page and BUSHI got some individual chants - I was marking hard for LIJ and especially Daryl! Just relieved he left in one piece. Match of the night though had to be KUSHIDA v Titan, an excellent spectacle with some mad spots. Titan looked like he could have cracked some ribs with a nuts moonsault out to the barricade and left with 10x the reception he entered with.

Excellent show, but I still don't know why you'd pay £60/70 for not even good seats. Fair enough if you're up front slapping the barricade (always wanted to do that at an ROH show) but the standard-priced balcony was a great view. I don't think it was a complete sell-out downstairs and you have to blame the prices for that.

Good to see guys like Sha Samuels get opportunities as well as Haskins & CCK in Liverpool tonight, so I heard

Edited by sj5522

Great show in London, I thought. Regarding pricing, just everything was super expensive- tickets £60/£70 on the floor, most t-shirts £35, Daniels trying to flog comics for £20. I suspect ROH just switched up their currency for dollars to sterling but not the price.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Great show in London, I thought. Regarding pricing, just everything was super expensive- tickets £60/£70 on the floor, most t-shirts £35, Daniels trying to flog comics for £20. I suspect ROH just switched up their currency for dollars to sterling but not the price.

They do it because they know some dickhead will always pay it

• Paid Members
On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, AVM said:

I suspect ROH just switched up their currency for dollars to sterling but not the price.

In my experience that's pretty much exactly how it works when it comes to individual wrestlers - the ticket prices are always going to skew higher, though, because of the sheer expense of getting the bulk of your roster and even just a skeleton crew to a different country. Fans in the US are, apparently, generally prepared to spend more cash on T-shirts than in the UK too - I've known a couple of wrestlers to actually lower their merch prices to be more in line with the expectations of the local crowd, but most don't.

• 5 weeks later...

I just posted in the NXT Thread about the MCMG and it reminded me, Death Before Dishonor is Tonight. ROH has absolutely zero buzz at present and to be honest it's a bit wank but the main event actually intrigues me, Cody defending the world title against Minoru Suzuki in his first Stateside appearance in forever. Might be worth finding a link Tomorrow or something, is the show worth 50 dollars though, is it fuck.

Ok, what was the deal with the main event? I felt that the first three minutes of the match was a whole lot of nothing going on. Cody sliding out way too much for my liking from the start. Was totally bemused when the finish came completely out of the blue, and it happened to be on Suzuki in particular. To me it doesn't feel like it should be blown off, as they were alleged to have been close to going off air. I'm just surprised this particular match was set out the way it played out for a dozen minutes.

Edited by undercover elephant

• 2 months later...

So Final Battle is Tonight, and they have some pretty good stuff on the show. The Bully/Dreamer vs Briscoe's street fight which has been built tremendously and has turned in to one of my favourite angles of the year. Jay Briscoe in particular has been so good as a vile cretin prodding and mocking Bully Ray.

Main event is Cody defending the world title against Dalton Castle, again a good build for this one, say what you want about Cody on the indies but it's been a roaring success overall, he brings something totally different to the table in ROH and I enjoy watching him. Castle is over with the crowd and it should be a good match.