Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

He's an incredible wrestler and character, he isn't the biggest guy on any British show and he doesn't even do flashy moves which is normally what helps the indy guys, he has made the basic moves seem incredible and he has an aura and presence like no one else right now. He deserves every success that comes his way in the future. He gets the business and I love watching him wrestle.

• 2 weeks later...

Its obviously beneficial to the Bucks, which is all that matters really.

In terms of Final Battle, I watched in on the weekend and wasn't really "wowed" by any matches, and that's coming from somebody who likes ROH generally. I thought the main was "OK" but didn't seem anywhere near as big as it needed to be. the two 6 man tags were "meh", the triple threat for the TV title was good....but good lord Osprey does need to tone it done a smidgen doesn't he?

The tag title match was ok, just too many false finishes in that one for me. Liger/Silas was a bit of a "meh" match also, and the colt/castle match was more of the same unfortunately.

Only straight up good match was Cody/Lethal for me. Loved the after match stuff as well.

also the young bucks resigned with roh. whats your thoughts on that?

My thought is that you are wrong as they signed new NJPW and ROH 2 year contracts last week. Believe it is a higher pay contract also.

Oh sorry you meant re-signed rather than resigned. Never mind. 

Edited by westlondonmist

also the young bucks resigned with roh. whats your thoughts on that?

My thought is that you are wrong as they signed new NJPW and ROH 2 year contracts last week. Believe it is a higher pay contract also.

I think it was a spelling mistake and he meant re-signed

I can see them turning up at the Hardy Compound in a few weeks, the Bucks were saying they were super kicking Vanguard 1 on Twitter and Matt Hardy challenged them to a match in ROH next year.

They did Superkick Vanguard 1, that was at the ROH TV Tapings the day after Final Battle.  Can't see them showing up at TNA though. Doubt the ROH / NJPW contract allows that

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched my first episode of ROH TV in about a year last night. can anyone tell me why BJ Whitmer, Kevin Sullivan and some other guy are dressed as evangelists or something?

The crowds in ROH are really poor at the moment judging from this and Final Battle. They've got an interesting tournament with guys who made their ROH debut over a decade ago, surprised there's still that many left. Hopefully building to Christopher Daniels winning the Championship finally, I'd love to see that