Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Shit!!

What was match like?? The main event last night with young bucks was awesome

No idea mate, not at tonight's show. Just read it and ROH tweeted about it:

http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/marty-scurll-defeats-will-ospreay-win-roh-tv-title-224996

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/800458299514597376

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Just on the train home, cracking show. Scurll/Osprey was match of the night by far, although Cole/Lethal and Young Bucks/Briscoes were both excellent too. Not been a huge RoH fan in recent years, but I'm definitely going to dip back into the promotion after tonight's efforts.

Yeah agree, cracking effort all around, Everything on the show was good and as mentioned 3 of the matches were excellent. In all fairness, Bobby Fish missing probably made it a better show because the reshuffle meant we got the awesome briscoes/ bucks tag match. Lets be fair Bobby is as bland as they come anyway. Hopefully the poorish attendances on the first two nights hasn't put them off coming back! 

Just a slight moan, why are some British fans so intent on making the show about them and shouting (and chanting) stupid shit that has nothing to do with the match going on. I can't see how it does anything but ruin the show!  

• Paid Members

Great show. Bucks vs Briscoe's was awesome. Marty vs Will was awesome as always. Good crowd atmosphere. The section I was in was a lot of fun anyway. £30 for a photo with a tag team and £20 for a singles wrestler was a bit steep. I did pay for the Briscoe's as they rarely come here compared to others on the card.

• Paid Members

The card reshuffles due to Bobby Fish not being able to make it made for a better show for me.

Unlike the Liverpool show (in reports) the first half was a lot of fun. MCMG vs The Addiction was easier to follow than a 3 way tag would have been. Briscoes vs Bucks in particular felt like watching the ROH of old.

In the second half, the crowd got more opportunities to chant bollocks. Moose chants as seen in Rev Pro. Loads of random **** in the middle portion of Scurll vs Ospreay. Also, every time there was a dive, everyone stood up. I reckon I saw about 75% of Scurll vs Ospreay in total, from my 4th row seat.

Travis Banks getting a shot against Kyle O'Reilly was a fine choice of replacement talent.

I think Jay Lethal is boring, and had to catch the last train, so after 15 minutes of dull at the beginning of the main event I left.

I felt like I got my £45 worth though. Hopefully they come back next year and if not against ICW, they could get even more people in.

I honestly think Briscoes/Young Bucks would have happened either way, singles matches between the two had zero fan interest.

Surprised at how much I enjoyed myself, as on paper this looked like the weakest show on the tour.

Main event picked up towards the end, but they couldn't follow Scurrl/Ospreay.

Travis Banks is better than the shower of shite Progress gives him.

I get the standing up thing, but the front row would continuously stand up and bang the railings so it just had a domino effect on the other rows.

Just a slight moan, why are some British fans so intent on making the show about them and shouting (and chanting) stupid shit that has nothing to do with the match going on. I can't see how it does anything but ruin the show!  

You don't go to many shows do you? That's British Wrestling fans for you. "Watch this lads, this will be well funny......MOOSE!!!!"

I hate the Moose chant and shouting the next number thing, seriously makes my blood boil. Its just a part of indie wrestling really, a part I hate mind. Certain ones I can let slide if they are funny/part of the match; Adam Cole/Spandau Ballet Gold was pretty great but when they (fully grown adults) are just shouting bollocks to get them selves attention it gets tiresome. 

Edited by jackhennessey

You don't go to many shows do you? That's British Wrestling fans for you. "Watch this lads, this will be well funny......MOOSE!!!!"

I go to Progress quite a lot, doesn't seem quite as bad there but yeah you're right it is just British wrestling fans I think.

Yeah agree, cracking effort all around, Everything on the show was good and as mentioned 3 of the matches were excellent. In all fairness, Bobby Fish missing probably made it a better show because the reshuffle meant we got the awesome briscoes/ bucks tag match. Lets be fair Bobby is as bland as they come anyway. Hopefully the poorish attendances on the first two nights hasn't put them off coming back! 

Were the attendances on the 1st 2 nights that bad? Rumoured 600-650 each night, how big were the venues? The tickets were very expensive. What was it £45 for 4th row, when £50 got you 1st row at Global Wars and I think the cheapest tickets were £30 instead of RPWs £15. ICW I think were £35 for Fear and Loathing and tour dates around £20. Must be the most expensive indy show tickets in Britain as I think ICW were about £35. They must have taken a fair bit of turnover from that. They had expensive merchandise which I am sure they sold. I bet they did quite well, they just may think about timing based around there being so much other wrestling in UK in November. 

I think they brought over 17 men, which is quite a lot, not sure how much of the set they brought over. However I expect the prices would cover it. If they have had wrestlers do a couple of other UK shows they may have been able to share some travel costs. 

With British fans, sadly the most vocal are the minority. Any fan I speak to at shows hates them.