Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

So right now im pretty bored with wwe...the presentation, constant fuck ups etc. Happy keeping up to date via podcasts, nxt etc

Is it a good time to get back into ROH? Got myself tickets for leicester in Nov and been enjoying the local scene in newcastle with WCPW

They are pretty much constantly touring about, having a few shows per week, or every few weeks depending on the year. and pull in pretty decent crowds to my knowledge.

Personally, I would just say, watch the last pay per view, then keep up with the results online/watch the tv show (you can watch in on their website for free)., and each big event/PPV has all the recaps anyway, so you'll soon get up to speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if your looking to start watching ROH with regards to being up to date with the current product then this week's episode is worth a watch.

War Machine vs Keith Lee and Shane Taylor

Cheeseburger vs Joey Daddiago vs David Starr vs Tim Evans

The continuation of the Kevin Sullivan / BJ Whitmer / Steve Corino story

The Cabinet vs Dalton Castle and The Boys

And The Addiction vs The Young Bucks.

Episode flew by and as its the start of the new tapings it feels a bit fresher than the last few months have.

• 2 weeks later...

First 3 matches for the Reach for the Skies tour:

Liverpool - The Briscoes and Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole and The Bucks.

Leicester - Jay Lethal vs Alex Shelley

And London - Marty Scrull vs Will Ospreay.

Can't wait for the Liverpool match.

Edited by stevieg1980

Wouldn't say the Olympia is run down but to say it could do with a lick of paint is an understatement, it is still a cracking venue and has its charm.

Really enjoyed every show I've been to there (although the last NGW show was ridiculously cold). Not a bad seat in the house either.

• Paid Members

I went to the first UK ROH show in the Olympia back in August 2006, then both the follow-up ROH double-header there in March 2007, but haven't been back since the King of Europe Cup weekender in April 2007.  In fact, I think I've actually only been to Liverpool itself once since then, so looking forward to enjoying that particular city again.

I've only ever sat in the first balcony (I'll be second row for the upcoming ROH show) but I actually quite liked the Olympia as a venue inside.  Scruffy as hell on the outside, and the walk up to the place from the city centre makes you question what you're doing with your life, but it had a certain charm.

I'm pretty much the same as you Benny show wise except I went to the two TNA shows in 2008 as well and the 1PW fiasco on 2010. Sat front row of the 1st balcony for every show apart from 1PW which was so empty we moved to the 2nd row.

Always a good view in the Olympia and yeah its not in good nick bit there's always a good atmosphere for a full show and the place has a old school charm about it. Still can't believe TNA used it in their TNA Impact video game. But there isn't an arena I'd rather watch wrestling in. I fell back in love with wrestling thanks to that 2006 ROH show. Certainly better than falling in love with a toothless hag in the Grafton next door.