Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

PCW had teased on their social media that some ROH stars might be coming in 'early' to appear on their Liverpool/Manchester shows that weekend.  Double-duty could well be on the cards.

Also wonder whether one of either the PCW or ROH shows taking place in Liverpool on that same day will be an earlier event, allowing people to do both?

The London venue looks interesting - it's right bang slap in the middle of central London (sort-of between Paddington and Marylebone, just off Edgware Road).  I can't believe a wrestling promotion hasn't discovered it before now... (unless they have, and have ruled it out for some reason, such as cost).

May go to London show, depending on cost. I think in 2007 they charged over £75 for some tickets, so expect these to be a bit pricey and when I can get RPW tickets for £15-£50, and have had good ones for £20 I don't want to pay over the odds. 

Anybody know roughly how many these venues hold? The one in Central London must hold a fair few because I bet it costs a bomb to rent. Surprised they didn't get York Hall, is only 1 stop from zone 1 and a couple of minutes walk from the station. 

Not surprised that they are not doing Manchester with the Supershow of Honor a week later in Preston which I believe usually sells out. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Surprised they didn't get York Hall, is only 1 stop from zone 1 and a couple of minutes walk from the station.

This London venue's in Zone 1, even more central than York Hall. As I mentioned above, it's right in between Marylebone, Edgware Road and Marble Arch tube stations, a short walk from Paddington too.

Surprised they didn't get York Hall, is only 1 stop from zone 1 and a couple of minutes walk from the station.

This London venue's in Zone 1, even more central than York Hall. As I mentioned above, it's right in between Marylebone, Edgware Road and Marble Arch tube stations, a short walk from Paddington too.

I know it's zone 1 so I expect that to make it far more expensive. It also seems as if it is further from the station than York Hall is from the local station. 

Some images of the venue below, looks like it would hold a fair few. However it is going to be going against Progress in Brixton in September and then RPW at York Hall (I suspect October and being Global Wars UK) so I think ticket prices cannot be overboard. 

13346804742853.jpg

276-500x_.jpeg

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Looks decent, that. For a damned leisure centre, anyway...

RevPro, by the way, have just announced the Global Wars shows with NJPW for Thu 10 & Fri 11 November, both in London (York Hall, then the good old Walthamstow Assembly Halls).

Can't move for wrestling on November, including loads now all happening at the same time.

RevPro, by the way, have just announced the Global Wars shows with NJPW for Thu 10 & Fri 11 November, both in London (York Hall, then the good old Walthamstow Assembly Halls).

Really? Not been to Walthamstow Assembly halls for years. Well Ring of Honor can go fuck themselves. 

Seems all odd as November has a WWE tour. 

• Paid Members

Really? Not been to Walthamstow Assembly halls for years. Well Ring of Honor can go fuck themselves.

Yep. RevPro also putting tickets on sale at 7pm on Sun 31st July... precisely when a large portion of their fan base will be attending the PROGRESS show.

#FFSBRITWRES

I would imagine Rev Pro is more beholden to NJPW's schedule than anything else - if they have a free few days in November then that's when the shows will be.

I would imagine Rev Pro is more beholden to NJPW's schedule than anything else - if they have a free few days in November then that's when the shows will be.

With RPW I would agree, and ICW announced Fear and Loathing prior to the wwe tour but you now have the ROH tour on top. It makes 5 big shows in London and 3 in Glasgow in 1 month. My fear is it hurting UK indies like RPW and ICW (I bet they will be spending loads on venue hire alone) as people have only so much time and money for wrestling in such a space of time. I myself would not touch the WWE show despite it only being 1 bus from me but many will want to go WWE 1st. In Glasgow they may decide to put 2 WWE shows ahead of ICW (they also have London and Leicester shows in November). 

The website was a real pain to navigate and also if your using a Santander Debit card they stop the payment, flag it as fraud and then take an hour to get back to you. Least the missus' Natwest card worked, then she frogmarched me to an ATM took a ton and didn't give me my £4.75 change. But fuck it. Going. Same seats as 2006 and 2007. Yay!