Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

When it came to decision time, I've opted for the ROH show in Liverpool on the Friday over the PCW show in the same city that day. Nostalgia reasons played a part, given that it's nearly 10 years since I last visited that (charming shithole of a) building, and that PCW now have multiple shows per month every month you can see if you want. I haven't been to Liverpool itself since 2013, so it is a good excuse to visit the city. Ended up with second row, centre.

For the Saturday, I'll likely end up staying in the north west to catch PCW in Manchester rather than hopping over for more ROH in Leicester, but haven't booked anything yet.

... and for the Sunday, as I've just mentioned in another thread, I haven't yet decided between attending the massive ICW Fear & Loathing supershow in Glasgow (huge deal as an occasion, even if you don't follow the promotion), ROH in London (likely presented as the biggest show of the tour... potentially a set of TV tapings?) or TIDAL in Leeds (excellent local promotion that I follow regularly) that November Sunday yet.

Time to start watching ROH TV again, I guess...

Edited by Big Benny HG

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I watched ROH (about a year and a half ago) Jay Briscoe was on top and looking like he was ready for a move somewhere else. What happened since then? Obviously Jay Lethal became champ but looks like he's back in the tags with no sign of a NXT shot. ROH just throw too much money at him to stay?

Lethal has been champ for just over a year, and to be fair has been tremendous, he beat Jay in the rematch last month. During his defence against Colt Cabana the Bullet Club interfered and attacked both guys, Adam Cole joined the Bullet Club and last week they shaved Lethal bald, so those 2 are facing off at the next PPV next Friday night in a weird dynamic where the Bullet Club are supposed to be heels and doing heelish things but getting cheered, and Lethal hasn't properly turned face but is sort of getting cheered.

As far as I understand ROH have a few big guys who's contracts are up at the end of the year, Lethal being one. I am praying he gets a shot in NXT, he is one of the most all round talented guys out there.

Last time I watched ROH (about a year and a half ago) Jay Briscoe was on top and looking like he was ready for a move somewhere else. What happened since then? Obviously Jay Lethal became champ but looks like he's back in the tags with no sign of a NXT shot. ROH just throw too much money at him to stay?

Wasn't it partly due to the Briscoe's views on same sex marriage and a subsequent tweet on it being taught to their kids in schools.

• 2 weeks later...

Death Before Dishonor was a really decent show, the main event was my favourite match of the weekend so far, something on Summerslam might top it but it will have to go some. Brilliant match that they built it well on TV, old school stuff, Lethal and Cole were both great in their respective role.

Still some odd booking going on, but enough to make it a good show. Lio Rush really is quite something.

Best ROH PPV for some time I thought.