Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Liverpool - The Briscoes and Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole and The Bucks.

Can't wait for the Liverpool match.

I saw online some one moaning that Liverpool  match was a crap ME, cant please some people. I think  it fits perfectly in the story line and feuds they have running and looks like it'll be a great match. 

I've only ever sat in the first balcony (I'll be second row for the upcoming ROH show) but I actually quite liked the Olympia as a venue inside.  Scruffy as hell on the outside, and the walk up to the place from the city centre makes you question what you're doing with your life, but it had a certain charm.

That gave me a proper laugh that.

It could be worse though, you could come up from Shiel Rd end and really question yourself. They've reopened the mosque just up the road from the Olympia now, which at least gives the top end a bit of life. And the music shop at least looks nice but I don't think I've ever seen anybody in there.

The last time I was in the Liverpool Olympia in 2012 they still had posters advertising the 2001 Splinter Cell above the urinals. It needed a fair bit of love and care but otherwise a great venue. Give me a venue like the Olympia any day other than somewhere shit like Manchester Academy.

Just seen the main event for Liverpool has been announced.

Young Bucks & Adam Cole Vs Briscoes & Kyle O'Reliey

I've only ever sat in the first balcony (I'll be second row for the upcoming ROH show) but I actually quite liked the Olympia as a venue inside.  Scruffy as hell on the outside, and the walk up to the place from the city centre makes you question what you're doing with your life, but it had a certain charm.

It could be worse though, you could come up from Shiel Rd end and really question yourself. They've reopened the mosque just up the road from the Olympia now, which at least gives the top end a bit of life. And the music shop at least looks nice but I don't think I've ever seen anybody in there.

It could be worse: when I went to Liverpool for the ROH shows in 2007 it was my first time in the city. I booked what sounded like a lovely hotel, the Regent Maritime, in a nearby town called Bootle.

Sadly, what I didnt realise was Bootle is like a war zone (something the taxi driver took great delight in telling me as he took me there: 'Even us Scousers don't want anything to do with Bootle, mate!' - and that the Regent Maritime was a shithole/knocking shop where sailors would go for a shag when they were on shore leave.

Indeed, my room (cell) looked out onto an industrial site, the bed sheet had a massive stain on it and the TV remote only had one battery (and the portable TV was on top of a cupboard). I was woken the next morning by the creaking bed of a couple shagging next door, the headboard repeatedly banging against the wall and a woman with a strong Liverpudlian accent saying 'Urry up, darl, I'm sweatin' like a pig 'ere!' (delightful).

True story. 

I've only ever sat in the first balcony (I'll be second row for the upcoming ROH show) but I actually quite liked the Olympia as a venue inside. Scruffy as hell on the outside, and the walk up to the place from the city centre makes you question what you're doing with your life, but it had a certain charm.

It could be worse: when I went to Liverpool for the ROH shows in 2007 it was my first time in the city. I booked what sounded like a lovely hotel, the Regent Maritime, in a nearby town called Bootle.

Sadly, what I didnt realise was Bootle is like a war zone (something the taxi driver took great delight in telling me as he took me there: 'Even us Scousers don't want anything to do with Bootle, mate!' - and that the Regent Maritime was a shithole/knocking shop where sailors would go for a shag when they were on shore leave.

Indeed, my room (cell) looked out onto an industrial site, the bed sheet had a massive stain on it and the TV remote only had one battery (and the portable TV was on top of a cupboard). I was woken the next morning by the creaking bed of a couple shagging next door, the headboard repeatedly banging against the wall and a woman with a strong Liverpudlian accent saying 'Urry up, darl, I'm sweatin' like a pig 'ere!' (delightful).

True story.

Sounds a perfect description of Bootle. To be fair its more of a warzone now than ever with the constant shootings that even the residents of parts want moving because they don't feel safe in their own homes.

Do we actually count Bootle as a nearby "town". I've always considered it part of the city and I wouldn't go and tell Jamie Carragher that he wasn't actually a Scouser because he's not from Liverpool, rather a "nearby town". 

I was working in Widnes the other week and was offered a lift back to Liverpool but I'd have to get off in Bootle and cab it from there. So instead I just jumped the train to Lime St and walked the rest of the way.

If you are looking for hotels, that aren't gonna an arm and a leg, there's the Olympia Hotel facing the arena itself but it doesn't look much from the outside. The Manor Hotel on Edge Lane is about 20 minutes walk from the Olympia, Devonshire House a little further down Edge Lane or the Beech Mount, which is meant to be quite nice. Again, probably a 20 minute walk or a few quid in a cab.

Do we actually count Bootle as a nearby "town". I've always considered it part of the city and I wouldn't go and tell Jamie Carragher that he wasn't actually a Scouser because he's not from Liverpool, rather a "nearby town".

I was working in Widnes the other week and was offered a lift back to Liverpool but I'd have to get off in Bootle and cab it from there. So instead I just jumped the train to Lime St and walked the rest of the way.

If you are looking for hotels, that aren't gonna an arm and a leg, there's the Olympia Hotel facing the arena itself but it doesn't look much from the outside. The Manor Hotel on Edge Lane is about 20 minutes walk from the Olympia, Devonshire House a little further down Edge Lane or the Beech Mount, which is meant to be quite nice. Again, probably a 20 minute walk or a few quid in a cab.

Technically Bootle isn't part of the city its part of Sefton. Even the court there is Sefton Magistrates. But that's just me being picky. The amount of distance between the city centre and Bootle Town Centre is negligible. It takes about 7-8 minutes on the bus in the morning.

Technically Bootle isn't part of the city its part of Sefton. Even the court there is Sefton Magistrates. But that's just me being picky. The amount of distance between the city centre and Bootle Town Centre is negligible. It takes about 7-8 minutes on the bus in the morning.

Same way Huyton is part of Knowsley but is still regarded by everybody as part of the city. 

Anyway, ROH, yeah should be a great show judging by the main event that has been booked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

With it now being October, and the UK tour coming up, I decided to watch the TV for the first time in ages.

I certainly didn't expect to get Toru Yano in the first match. Silas Young played off him perfectly. Really fun.

Daniels promo was great. Adam Cole cut a promo on Michael Elgin ahead of their World Title match that was really good as well.

Steve Corino and BJ Whitmer are STILL feuding, which was going on when I was watching before. Now Kevin Sullivan is in the mix, and Cheeseburger is getting killed. I'll take it!

Cole and Adam Page vs Tanahashi and Elgin was a decent main. Cole looked great. I really like the bigger entrance screen. Cole and Page work the Bullet Club gimmick well, which still comes off as a big deal here in ROH. With Elgin challenging Cole on last night's iPPV it wasn't a surprise when he pinned Page. Still, a good main and I might even seek All Star Extravaganza out.

I don't even know what to say about this PPV, I honestly feel like I could write a novel ranting about this piece of shit but I will keep it brief. Firstly, how the fuck am I expected to care about reverse rana's and destroyer's in the world title match when I have seen them already in the first half of the show, Never have I ever seen so many bastard superkicks in one show in my life, add to that any variation of a suplex with somebody getting dropped on their head. Seriously by the 4th match I was numb, totally numb to anything that was going on in front of my eyes, it was the longest 3 hours I have had watching Wrestling in a long time, I was praying to be put out of my misery. It really is hard to find anything redeeming here, in fact some of it was downright insulting.

As for the main event, some will say match of the year, I say utter fucking garbage.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser