Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The "ten!" thing at the countouts last night was definitely BritWres' influence, and it was annoying as piss, especially when there actually was a countout.

I'll sneakily admit I do get a kick out of the "one fall!" thing, cos that's harmless and doesn't fuck up count-out spots

The chanting didn't bother me that much. The Spandau Ballet chant was genuinely funny.

However, the cunts who constantly kept standing up at the front, thus blocking the view of everyone behind them can fuck off. Have some consideration for other people. It's not like you didn't know it was a problem. There was actually a chant telling you to sit down from the entire block. It's just bell endery. If you're on this forum, please never leave the house again.

Show itself was great and punctuated by 3 absolutely stellar matches.

Has Marty Scurll really become as good as he seemed last night? I've only seen him wrestle once before, against Colt Cabana nearly three years ago, and he looked like a completely different animal. It was an absolute corker of a match and I wondered if it was maybe just a chemistry/experience thing with Ospreay rather than a true indicator of his talents. If he has gotten that much better, fair play to the man. Certainly I'm looking forward to seeing whatever comes next for him in ROH.

But yeah, it was a fun show overall. The Briscoes/Bucks match was pure insane joy, seeing Dalton Castle was a hoot, and the only bad thing about the main event was that it had to follow such a barnstormer TV title match.

One thing in defence of the people standing near the front: I wonder how much they paid. It's no excuse, really, but as someone who buys the cheapest tickets available, I'm always gobsmacked that there are people happy to pay two or three times as much as me to sit about six feet closer. I can imagine if you've paid £50+ for a small wrestling show, you're gonna want to see every bit of action you can. I mean, there were times when everyone was sitting down and I still couldn't see what was going on (for example, it looked like Kyle won by armbar, but I couldn't tell you for sure!).  So if you've had a bit of bad luck, paid £45 and just happen to have some tall fucker sitting in front of you, I can imagine wanting to stand up for a moment to see past them. Again, it's not ideal, but unless you've got raked seating it's always going to pop up as an issue. As a £20 cheapskate I know going in that's why my ticket is cheaper.

Yeah, Marty's come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. I never bought into the LDRS, or his 'Party' Marty gimmick. Solid hand but nothing special. If you'd told me three years ago that Marty would be one of my favourite wrestlers I'd have thought you were mad, but he's excellent nowadays. If you're interested in seeing more, his rise to champion in PROGRESS is well worth watching.

I think Marty has it all now, the improvement he's made is staggering, he's really worked on all aspects. He's a great foil for Ospreay, ZSJ and can match them in the ring and he's a far better storyteller than either of them. The gimmick, his promos, the facials, he's got them all down to a tee. His Progress work has been excellent and if you were to watch just one match, check out his match v Chris Hero. Wonderful pro wrestling.

I reckon he's a perfect fit for NXT, he's definitely got more upside than Ospreay and ZSJ, even Tommy End who has signed.

He was killing it in PWG and Evolve which helps a lot when trying to get the attention of WWE/NXT folk but he's just signed with ROH hasn't he?

I reckon he's a perfect fit for NXT, he's definitely got more upside than Ospreay and ZSJ, even Tommy End who has signed.

He was killing it in PWG and Evolve which helps a lot when trying to get the attention of WWE/NXT folk but he's just signed with ROH hasn't he?

Yes, which will stop him working EVOLVE, but he will still be able to work for PWG, as Adam Cole, Young Bucks and others do too

Yes, which will stop him working EVOLVE, but he will still be able to work for PWG, as Adam Cole, Young Bucks and others do too

That depends, many who have ROH contracts cannot work PWG it just depends on how they have negotiated. ROH contracts are only for 1 year usually anyway so if he wanted to go to NXT in a year he would have no problem.

Yeah, Marty's come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. I never bought into the LDRS, or his 'Party' Marty gimmick. Solid hand but nothing special. If you'd told me three years ago that Marty would be one of my favourite wrestlers I'd have thought you were mad, but he's excellent nowadays. If you're interested in seeing more, his rise to champion in PROGRESS is well worth watching.

Only seen him once at the first SuperClash in Gloucester when he was not Party Marty and not yet The Villain. For some reason, the ring announcer had to bring up the fact he was on Take Me Out when he was the main heel in his match which was a 6 man elimination. Just TNA British Boot Camp 1 would've been fine. Met him in the interval. He's a sound guy.