Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Rossman said:

There were a few rumblings of recklessness by DAZN matching Tomasz Adamek with Jarrell Miller. He's shop-worn, past 40 and not really a heavyweight. If Big Baby wins, it won't move him closer to a world title fight. Miller vs. Dillian Whyte would be a good scrap.

Yeh ive seen that. Its all down to Adamek being a big ticket seller in Chicago though. The Poles go mental for their fighters there. I dont think its gonna end well for the bloke though.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

nice interview with Fury from a yank radio show. Discusses boxing and mental health.

I saw that yesterday and thought he came across really well.

I'm pleased the mental health aspect of Tyson Fury's comeback is getting so much play. It's truly remarkable that he's where he's at, considering how far he supposedly fell.

• Paid Members
On 10/4/2018 at 7:48 PM, Rossman said:

There were a few rumblings of recklessness by DAZN matching Tomasz Adamek with Jarrell Miller. He's shop-worn, past 40 and not really a heavyweight. 

Big Baby weighed in over 6 stone heavier than Adamek 😮

And in one of the most random looking fight bookings in recent memory...

Rocky Fielding will defend his WBA Regular Title on December 15th against some bloke called Canelo Alvarez.

Edited by Egg Shen

And Canelo is moving up in weight to take the fight. Or not eating as much tainted meat to get his weight down for the fight.

This is quite interesting after hearing HBO are going to stop airing boxing after 2018. Canelo & Golovkin are effectively free agents now. If it goes well DAZN pulling in Canelo would be a massive coup.

38 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Big punching Calum Johnson late night tn may be a better watch than the ufc undercards. Seems a nice man who left the sport for a bit after his old man passing away. Big ask though.

I read this yesterday, decent article https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45745337

Its a huge ask tonight but at least he has a  sorta punchers chance.

The Miller fight is an absoloute farce and shouldnt be happening. Hearn has said that Joshua may go to NY and fight him in April? Cant c it happening, maybe trying to keep Miller relevant.  Vargas is normally good value though.