Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Maidana wasn't miles away from upsetting Mayweather in his next fight either. I still had Floyd winning but Maidana definitely gave him one of his harder nights' work. Imagine if he'd pulled that off? Ending both the Broner and Mayweather undefeated streaks in back-to-back fights would've been mega. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

One of the greatest humblings in boxing ever was when Maidana beat that idiot. I loved Maidana. Always good value and got in and out at the right time. 

its probably my favorite fighy of all time.

I think Broners days as a top contender are over but hes still a draw, id love to see him fight Pacquiao.

• Paid Members

ive skimmed the thread because im avoiding some results but did anyone else hear that Warren stated on his show last week that he's holding on putting together Daniel Dubois/Nathan Gorman until next year because he hopes to do it in a stadium with 30-40,000 people! what is he smoking? thats one of the most unrealistic fight plans ive ever heard.

Decent show though. The Corcoran/Garton fight was a bit of a blood and guts British classic, recommend you track that down.

Anthony Yarde then continues to be a frustrating case. Warrens reluctance to put him in with anyone decent is annoying. I know he lacks amateut experience but hes gaining so little from blowing away no hopers, he needs to step up, yet Warren still says they are taking the slow road. Yarde boxed to an empty leisure center Saturday night.

Fucking Fish Eyes.

It was only empty because half the crowd got nicked after the massive scrap during the Corcoran/Garton fight. Why is it always the Frank Warren shows where there is a fight in the crowd. A bloke on the tannoy screaming "sit down and behave yourselves or the boxing will stop" halfway during one of the rounds. It's as Mickey Mouse as you can get.

I would imagine they know Yarde's shortcomings. If they put him in there with a half-decent boxer, he's going to be boxed rings around.

There's a few good fights on this weekend.

World Title Eliminator in Bulgaria. Kubrat Pulev vs. Hughie Fury

Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Daniel Jacobs for the vacant IBF middleweight title

Regis Prograis vs. Terry Flanagan in the WBSS 140lbers

John Ryder vs. Andrey Sirotkin - World Title eliminator DAZN card.

• Paid Members

very true, it looked like it was getting nasty in there during the Corcoran fight, you couldnt really see the fighting but just going off the reactions of the announcer and the rest of the crowd you just knew it had to be bad. You are right though, it always kicks off at Warren shows.

The frustration with Yarde is that they keep harping on how good he is and how hes ranked #1 with the WBC but i have no idea how hes got that ranking. It just feels like hes overdue a step up and theres some quality domestic fights just waiting to happen.

• Paid Members

All I know about Yarde is that each time he shouts "LIONS IN THE CAMP" I want to see him get smashed up that little bit more. What even is that? He says it constantly. It's like Shannon The Cannon's "LET'S GO CHAMP" but without any humour or likability whatsoever. 

• Paid Members

Poor showing from Hughie Fury in Bulgaria. Think he made a conscious effort to be more aggressive because it cost him against Parker but he seemed spent after about 5 rounds and went back to trying to counter of the ropes which just wasnt working. Had Pulev winning comfortably 117-111. That Bulgarian broadcast was brutal though, more camera cuts than an episode of Raw.