Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Where did the Berchelt vs Roman fight air here? I’ve got loads of shit recorded that I haven’t got to watch yet. Hopefully it’s sat in my planner. 

Edited by wandshogun09

As I am prone to do, I was watching some "Hype jobs" vids on Youtube and there was one guy who is still active and hasn't lost called Prince Patel.  Fuck me, what a fucking whopper he is.  I'd never heard of him and would've gone through life a bit better had I kept it that way.  

• Paid Members

yeh, Patel was promoted by Frank Warren at one point. He made a couple of infamous appearences on Bunces Boxing Hour a few years back. He seems to box abroad these days though.

• Paid Members

I can’t see past Usyk winning myself. I was convinced David Haye was going to beat Bellew the second time though so shows what I know. But Usyk is a different animal to Haye and his porcelain bones. Usyk is in his prime and he looks fantastic at the moment. I saw someone recently, I forget who, say Usyk is like a big Lomachenko and I think it’s spot on. I’ve never been a fan of Bellew but I’ve got to give him his due for taking this fight on. I’m sure there are easier fights he could’ve chosen for his swansong, and maybe even more lucrative too, but he’s going for a legacy fight against an absolute bastard of an opponent. 

I just think Usyk will be too much. I’m thinking a stoppage around the 9th. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Cant see a stoppage tbf, cant see past a decent points win for Usyk.  Would like Bellew to chin him though. Dont think it will be a great fight. Can see Bellew starting slow looking for angles and getting outboxed, then trying to come on strong in the second half and land a Haymaker. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I can’t see past Usyk winning myself. I was convinced David Haye was going to beat Bellew the second time though so shows what I know. But Usyk is a different animal to Haye and his porcelain bones. Usyk is in his prime and he looks fantastic at the moment. I saw someone recently, I forget who, say Usyk is like a big Lomachenko and I think it’s spot on. I’ve never been a fan of Bellew but I’ve got to give him his due for taking this fight on. I’m sure there are easier fights he could’ve chosen for his swansong, and maybe even more lucrative too, but he’s going for a legacy fight against an absolute bastard of an opponent. 

I just think Usyk will be too much. I’m thinking a stoppage around the 9th. 

I think Bellew knows in a bit of a no-lose situation here, hes making a shit ton of money and no one expects him to win, plus Usky isnt some destructive force, and if Bellew somehow chins Usyk he'll retire as one of the best fighters on the planet which is nuts to think about. I think it'll end up a lop-sided decision or Coldwell will pull Bellew out late though.

You just know Bellew will lay it on thick and start promoting a possible AJ/Usyk fight in the post-fight interview "that is the best man ive ever been in the ring with, its as simple as that", Bellew's just as good at promoting othet fighters as he is himself.

• Paid Members

Yeah that’s what I meant when I said I thought Usyk might stop him. A corner stoppage or the ref waving it off on an accumulation of punishment. I’m not expecting Usyk to flatten him or anything. 

What kind of dough is Bellew getting for this, anyone know? It must be a big payday but considering Usyk isn’t exactly a superstar, or even really well known outside the Boxing bubble, it probably doesn’t do huge numbers on PPV surely. It’s not like there’s a grudge and the undercard isn’t stacked either.