Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Not much in it, in terms of size!!

miller-adamek-weights%20(5).jpg

Sunday night Japan time, Sunday mid-day UK time. The WBSS Bantamweight & Light Welterweight tournaments start.

Juan Carlos Payano vs Naoya Inoue & Kiryl Relikh vs Eduard Troyanovsky  - Both world titles are on the line too.

BJS now says he's going to sue the Athletic Commission for his $2.3m purse. What a prat. He voluntarily signed up for VADA testing and he failed a test. He signed a contract and agreed to follow their rules and he didn't. Warren's pissed off saying this wouldn't happen in Britain. No it wouldn't because the BBBOC follow different rules. Just another example of how amateurish Warren can be with 40 years boxing experience.

BJS has now relinquished the title instead of being stripped. Supposedly going to get a 6 month ban too.

Frank's statement is pretty heavy on the pity for Billy.

"Unlike the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), the MSAC is a State appointed governing body and therefore the decision will be appealed and challenged in the Supreme Court at the earliest opportunity.

"Cases such as these can take a considerable time to be heard and adjudicated on and, given the damaging effect these accusations of wrongdoing have had on the mental wellbeing of Billy-Joe, he is in no position to continue in his profession until such a time as his name has been cleared.

"Boxing is a dangerous sport and the 100 per cent health – both physical and mental – is paramount at all times.

"Because of the mental anguish brought about by this case and out of respect for the WBO, Billy-Joe will with a heavy heart relinquish his world title, whilst this issue is in the process of being resolved."

Yeh i saw that, unlike Crawford. Great dodge though. Theres been a bit of needle on the build up to this one. A fight i would like to see. I assume its on box nation though.

Theres a good article on the Boxing News app which explains the ins and outs of the BJS situation with UKAD, WADA and VADA. It’s a case of under UKAD and WADA he hasnt broken the rules (rightly or wrongly), but under VADA he has. He signed up for VADA with the fight being in America, so basically he doesnt have a leg to stand.  

• Paid Members

Really good fight it was as well. Patera was relentless. Ritson blamed it on the bodyshots and that obviously played a big part in how the fight went but I think Patera's non-stop pace was probably just as much of an issue. He was constantly on the offence but also constantly moving and bouncing around. Ritson got back into it in the later rounds but I thought it was slightly too late by then and he needed a knockdown at least. Cracking fight though. 

Chuffed to see Allen get another win and Buatsi looked a beast again. I'd love to see him end Yarde's little run myself but Fish Eyes don't want that smoke.