Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Shame about the Kelly fight. He looked a bit off at the weigh-in, his eyes were wide open. To make the show worse, they've gone with Nick Halling & Joe Gallagher on commentary. It's not a good combo.

Looking forward to the card Stateside tonight.

Lomachenko v Pedraza.

Isaac Dogboe v Emanuel Navarrete - this looks to be a great fight on paper. Both young, big punchers and pretty tough. Dogboe is pretty unknown but he's a Ghanian/British fighter who looks to be on an upward trajectory. This will be his 4th fight this year and he's on a 5 fight stoppage streak.

There's also a couple of interesting prospects, Alexander Besputin & Teofimo Lopez on the undercard.

• Paid Members

Yeah that was a cracker. Had Frenois winning as well. I’d like to see a rematch.

Wasn’t Brook’s best performance in the main. Thought the Sky commentators were their usual overly negative self though and made it seem a lot worse than it actually was. Brook definitely looked flat but fuck me, the way the commentators were banging on it was as if he was zombie Ali in the Holmes fight. He took more shots than necessary but in the end he still won the vast majority of the rounds. 

The Khan fight isn’t happening though. I’ve completely given up on that. The last I saw of Khan he was on IFL telling Barry Hearn to “get the Brook fight made”. Then on the week of Brook’s fight here, the last hurdle, he announces he wants to fight Terrence Crawford instead. He’s just going to keep delaying because he knows if he waits long enough Brook will lose or get injured or whatever and that will kill the fight off for the foreseeable. If the fight doesn’t get made now off the back of this poor showing by Brook and while both are with Matchroom, it’s never ever happening.

We might as well just move on now. Let Khan go over and get beat by Crawford. Do something else with Brook. 

Edited by wandshogun09

I am honestly not arsed if they fight or not. They are both well passed their best and i don’t root for either of them. They’re both just a bit “meh” to me.

Both think they are better than they are as well. Brook has only ever beat one top opponent in Porter and that was razor close to me. Khans best win was 8 years ago against Maidana. Fairplay to Eddie Hearn if he can make them a few quid from it though.

12 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I wish I was given a quid each time Carl Froch says "quality" on commentary. 

Yeah, I'm not so keen on Froch as a commentator. He seems to have been instilled as this wealth of knowledge type, but I've never really been all that high on him.