Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

AJ was pretty pissed off at the end there. Has Whyte got under his skin or was he just frustrated that it'll end up being him vs Whyte in April.. and when that date was announced after the Povetkin fight it was looking like it would have been Wilder.

Man, you have to love the Sky promotion machine. If I didn't know any better I'd have believed that Whyte vs Chisora was a fight between two top level heavyweights rather than a fight between a guy who's about four years past his prime and a British level fighter at best, going up against a guy who's fought a bunch of nobodies since he got beaten by Joshua, bar a fight where he almost lost against Joseph Parker.

This whole event was geared towards selling another fight between AJ and Whyte to the casual mugs who follow AJ, nothing more.

I also loved AJ essentially saying that he'd fight anyone except Tyson Fury, who would have schooled both of those guys who fought last night.

10 hours ago, Murtz said:

AJ was pretty pissed off at the end there. Has Whyte got under his skin or was he just frustrated that it'll end up being him vs Whyte in April.. and when that date was announced after the Povetkin fight it was looking like it would have been Wilder.

Joshua doesn't like anyone talking shite about him and after what Whyte said towards him, he had his back up and wanted to say something whilst keeping control of himself in case he decided to jump up in the ring and do something more about it. He got boos too which I got no doubt bothered him, the landscape has changed now after Wilder fighting Fury, if you listen to what Joshua said afterwards about Whyte kinds gives a glimpse in to what his mindset is right now "When the crowd start cheering, and start saying they want to see Dillian, and if it does happen, I don't want to hear no talk when I whoop him and knock him out, 'oh he's had an easy touch, he should have fought Wilder.'

The way i look at it is Joshua is going to fight Whyte, some one he conclusively beat 3 years ago, but not either of the other top 2. 

Hearn was bitching about Wilder not coming over to Joshuas last fight, saying they wanted him at ringside. Who are they to demand he comes over? Then Wilder says ok, il come over, il get in the ring afterwards for a bit of promotion. 

Hearn says, no AJ dont want you in the ring after his fight, unless he invites you in.....Wilder blanks it. Why did they want him over then? To sit like a chump at ringside and do nothing? Lastnight after the Whyte fight Joshua gets into the ring to do promotion, was he invited? Is it ok for Joshua to get in the ring after two other people fight but not Wilder after his fight? Joshua didnt mind Klitchko getting in the ring after one of his fights did he? Then Hearn claimed well they didnt mind Klitchko getting in the ring as the fight was already signed, well is the Whyte fight already signed then? Despite what Hearn says? 

Glad he’s getting booed, i know it’s not down to Joshua but the fact is Fury has stole his thunder and deservedly so. Fury took the risk of fighting Wilder, in his backyard and it paid off, now all of a sudden Hearn sees what Fury done and fancies Joshuas chances. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, David said:

Man, you have to love the Sky promotion machine. If I didn't know any better I'd have believed that Whyte vs Chisora was a fight between two top level heavyweights rather than a fight between a guy who's about four years past his prime and a British level fighter at best, going up against a guy who's fought a bunch of nobodies since he got beaten by Joshua, bar a fight where he almost lost against Joseph Parker.

This whole event was geared towards selling another fight between AJ and Whyte to the casual mugs who follow AJ, nothing more.

I also loved AJ essentially saying that he'd fight anyone except Tyson Fury, who would have schooled both of those guys who fought last night.

I’ve always wanted to know, was it Terry Marsh who shot you in 1989, Frank? 

Few comments from the Matchroom show. Pleased for Charlie Edwards to win a world title in a pretty close fight. Judges score-cards were ridiculous and made it look like Rosales was paid to come over and drop the title.

Then in the Joshua Buatsi / Renold Quinlan fight. They were tied up. Referee called break and Buatsi leathered him, knocking him down. Referee should have at least had a word with Buatsi. If Quinlan couldn't get back up, the referee does have the power to caution or disqualify Buatsi. There was no need for it, Buatsi was on top and the stoppage would have come anyway. He only shot himself in the foot because he needs experience in rounds and didn't get it. At least that is the last of Terry O'Connor refereeing, he has been in some real howlers.

Martin Murray has retired. That's the last of the four middleweight prodigies in Murray, Macklin, Lee & Barker. Who would have fought it would be the latter two to hold world titles out of them.

Anyone see Tyson Fury's 19 year old brother make his pro debut at the weekend? Fucking hell, he looks a prospect. It's early doors, but if he's anywhere near as gifted as the greatest British heavyweight to ever lace them up then he's gonna be something special.

Talk about genetics as well! This lad isn't in danger of getting out of shape outside of fight camp!

468fef02-01e8-48a6-9f57-b551ca61e61e-ori

15 minutes ago, David said:

Anyone see Tyson Fury's 19 year old brother make his pro debut at the weekend? Fucking hell, he looks a prospect. It's early doors, but if he's anywhere near as gifted as the greatest British heavyweight to ever lace them up then he's gonna be something special.

Talk about genetics as well! This lad isn't in danger of getting out of shape outside of fight camp!

468fef02-01e8-48a6-9f57-b551ca61e61e-ori

I am not convinced he would pass a WWE Wellness test.

Muscles don't always equate to Knockouts either. I recall Steve Robinson from the Eubank/Benn era being a proper unit for his weight division, yet as brilliant a boxer as he was, he had the power of a chicken's fart.

• Paid Members

You’d never put him and Tyson as brothers. No resemblance face-wise, physique-wise, they even look a different race for fuck’s sake. I want to see DNA test results. Get them on Jeremy Kyle, the nation’s favourite show for dossers and shithouses. 

Edited by wandshogun09

12 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

You’d never put him and Tyson as brothers. No resemblance face-wise, physique-wise, they even look a different race for fuck’s sake. I want to see DNA test results. Get them on Jeremy Kyle, the nation’s favourite show for dossers and shithouses. 

"Dosser" is my favourite insult. A favourite of Fury's too, it was said on commentary that he was calling Wilder a dosser during the fight. I find it all a bit confusing if you accept Fury's passion for helping out the homeless!

Does he like dossers or not?

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

I think they may be half brothers, but apparently he's got a lot of the skill that Tyson has, with a bit more athletic ability. Only issue he may face is that he's a natural light-heavy and stands only 6 feet tall, so he's kind of in a division that no one cares about.

Looks the part though...

Tyson was one hell of a good looking chap in his younger days. Tommy is second in looks and ability to The Gypsy King.

i think the Furys in boxing could be like the samoans in wrestling, for years to come every traveller should be related somehow. 

Edited by Porkchopcash

9 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

i think the Furys in boxing could be like the samoans in wrestling, for years to come every traveller should be related somehow. 

Well if they have a Nia Jax in their ranks, she is a shoe in for a high KO percentage career.