*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

A real rarity I was able to find video of recently - Arn Anderson vs. Tom Magee from a WWF taping, 1988:

Never seen Tom Magee but all I have ever heard about him was how absolutely God-awful he was. I think Honky Tonk Man said on a shoot 'He had no lateral movement. He was worst than the Ultimate Warrior'

Apart from seeming a little lost at times I don't see from this match anyway why he was viewed as being the total shits - I've certainly seen worse!

Check out his match with Hiroshi Wajima from All Japan and you may change your opinion!

Okay, fair do's that match (having just watched it) was shit - Magee's offence looked like it wouldn't crack an egg but Wajima hardly looked fantastic either.

Stick him in there with a good/great worker and his matches seemed decent enough. Saw the one v Choshu and, yes, Choshu looked like he was genuinely getting pissed off with Magee's crappy/non-existant selling at points but I thought it was okay for what it was.

Also, he worked heel in this match with Tim Horner and I dont actually think this was THAT bad either.

https://youtu.be/zylbKZhoHPQ

He had great agility for a guy as muscular as he was. His forearms looked weak as piss but I've seen equally worse (Rhia O Reilly comes to mind) and he either couldn't or wouldn't sell much but he hardly comes across as the lump of wood I'd been led to believe he was.

I mean, shit, as far as 'strongman-turned-wrestlers' go he shits all over Bill Kazmaier.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

A BMX rider does a little stunt show in the abandoned Pontiac Silverdome. Ugh, so sad to see that building, it's mental that we have abandoned ruins like that and are only 40 years old.

A BMX rider does a little stunt show in the abandoned Pontiac Silverdome. Ugh, so sad to see that building, it's mental that we have abandoned ruins like that and are only 40 years old.

Sad to see the state it is in. NOW if I was Vince McMahon I would buy it and convert it into an arena for a particular PPV or heck just hold every show there.