[NSFW] Less commercial or conventional hotties

The Sparkmeister

• Paid Members

Silent Witness too, which this year hit *checks Wiki*... Series 23!

It must just be the older generation that never turn BBC over. That's the only explanation for Death in Paradise, Silent Witness and Call The Midwife getting renewed every pissing year.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It's one of those shows that's been on for decades that nobody seems to watch, yet it keeps getting new series. Like Waterloo Road.

Ralf Little is in it now, apparently. I presume Ardal O'Hanlon was a bit shit and Will Mellor was busy. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I love Call the Midwife.  It has the best of all McGanns in it and many, many, people who would be at home in this thread.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch it. Any BBC/ITV period show in that Sunday night timeslot brings to mind that horrible 'Heartbeats on, school in the morning' feeling.

• Paid Members

I like call the midwife, gentle story's and reminiscing about ration books and polio for the oldies and saucy looking strumpet in nurses uniforms for anyone else. It's the perfect Heartbeat replacement. 

Helen George, Laura Main & Jennifer Kirby are all very attractive. It's the young moon faced simpleton nun that makes me question myself. 

11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Them glasses.  ❤️ 

I can't even hear the theme tune for Heartbeat without breaking out in an "it's school tomorrow" cold sweat.

When you heard the Southbank Show theme and realised it was even closer to getting up.

It was always on, and my Dad (who considers subtitled things as 'reading bollocks' ) would've fallen asleep with it on, waiting for Tour Of Duty.

Therapy over.

• Paid Members

I always liked the nurse in heartbeat, and the lawyer who's now in midsomer murders with the bloke who's not bergerac. 

In fact I'd say she's sexier now in murders than she was back then in heartbeat. Like a fine wine. 

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I was in my teams before realising Paint in Black was an actual song and not just another cracking 80’s theme tune!

My Uncle had it at his funeral as the coffin went behind the curtain. Someone said at the wake "I didn't realise Clive was a Rolling Stones fan" as my Dad had to explain that he wasn't, he just also loved Tour Of Duty.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I always liked the nurse in heartbeat, and the lawyer who's now in midsomer murders with the bloke who's not bergerac. 

In fact I'd say she's sexier now in murders than she was back then in heartbeat. Like a fine wine. 

Fiona Dolman? 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I love Call the Midwife

I've been waiting for somewhere to write this. Idle thumbs made me explore the IMDB ratings of shows that jar against the usual smelly wrestling fan demographic on there. The audience that votes any Batman film immediately into the top 5 films of all time. That thinks Breaking Bad is the pinnacle of TV. 

Well they ain't voting for Call the Midwife. There have been 78 episodes, all within the tight 8.1 - 9.1 bracket. Always voted between 230 - 280 people. It's bizarre that you can have these TV juggernauts squatting in the schedules for years, being completely ignored by the Internet in general. 

Miranda was another one. Massive ratings and huge at the time, but there are some episodes with zero IMDB ratings, because it's not a show watched by (to borrow UKFF phrasing) Dem Wans. 

No big conclusion, but it's the same logic that ends us with those huge smelly male biases on Wikipedia.