Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I find Triangle of Madness, and Sky Blue especially, oddly fascinating to look at. 

I'm not sure there's anything "oddly fascinating" about it. She's fit!

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Putting your debuting heel tag team in a four way match where they get entirely lost in the shuffle, do nothing all match then win at the end to face another heel tag team is such backwards booking I don't even know where to start. The match seemed entirely structured to showcase GOA which made it all even more confusing.

Did they say when Doyle and David would get the title shot? From memory, they were quite vague so I imagine they’ll end up being the first to challenge C&C for the belts, when they defeat FTR.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Imagine a far better world where Hangman never lost the World Championship. At this moment we'd have a title chase where Hangman is being targeted by Swerve Strickland and Kenny Omega - his two longest rivals who he has long, complicated, layered histories with. It'd be fucking brilliant television.

It’s absolutely baffling to me as to why they thought that the best way forward was to put the title on Joe, then MJF. You’re spot on - if this had been champion Hangman being targeted by his two biggest rivals, my goodness that would have been exciting. I’m not normally one for triple threats, but Hangman vs Swerve vs Omega for the AEW Men’s World title would have been absolutely thrilling. The fact they passed up on that option is an enormous miss on their part. 

I think that’s what frustrates me most about AEW’s duff spells, the parts are almost always in place to allow for something brilliant, but Tony Khan doesn’t seem to notice.

Posted

I have seen speculation online that the MJF title run is for Will Ospreay to take it off him in Wembley. I like Will, and definitely think he should be a champion, but I feel like they risk sidelining other people in order to get there. Like do we need a 9 month MJF title run to get there? Maybe it's having become a fan in the Attitude Era, but these long reigns do start to drag a bit. Like I would have been quite happy for Bandido to have won last night (or between now and All In). Like did Foley and Rock exchanging the title affect WrestleMania 15 much? 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah MJF shitting up the TV for months on end just so Ospreay can eventually win the title doesn't hugely appeal. Especially as their last feud was pretty ropey. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
37 minutes ago, abucalves said:

I have seen speculation online that the MJF title run is for Will Ospreay to take it off him in Wembley. I like Will, and definitely think he should be a champion, but I feel like they risk sidelining other people in order to get there. Like do we need a 9 month MJF title run to get there? Maybe it's having become a fan in the Attitude Era, but these long reigns do start to drag a bit. Like I would have been quite happy for Bandido to have won last night (or between now and All In). Like did Foley and Rock exchanging the title affect WrestleMania 15 much? 

 

When you have a heel as strong as Okada, the obvious route to me would be Page - Okada - Ospreay, rather than shunting an ice cold Joe and lukewarm MJF in there. I don’t know what they were thinking with this.

  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, abucalves said:

I have seen speculation online that the MJF title run is for Will Ospreay to take it off him in Wembley. I like Will, and definitely think he should be a champion, but I feel like they risk sidelining other people in order to get there. Like do we need a 9 month MJF title run to get there? Maybe it's having become a fan in the Attitude Era, but these long reigns do start to drag a bit. Like I would have been quite happy for Bandido to have won last night (or between now and All In). Like did Foley and Rock exchanging the title affect WrestleMania 15 much? 

No but, that's the sort of logic that led Bischoff, Nash and Russo to absolutely kill off the value of the WCW Title in the following year. 

2 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

When you have a heel as strong as Okada, the obvious route to me would be Page - Okada - Ospreay, rather than shunting an ice cold Joe and lukewarm MJF in there. I don’t know what they were thinking with this.

MJF dropping the belt to Ospreay is the only thing that makes any sense at the moment. He didn't need the belt this early though, he should have gained some momentum and robbed Hangman later. The move to Joe is baffling and can only be explained by how much TK likes and values Joe. It was ridiculous. 

Okada isn't a strong contender to be AEW Champion. He's got niche name appeal anyway, IMO, and that's before he's some member of the fucking Callis Family. 

Not running back Hangman v Swerve or Hangman v Kenny while they had the chance is just insane.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Okada isn't a strong contender to be AEW Champion. He's got niche name appeal anyway, IMO, and that's before he's some member of the fucking Callis Family. 

The fact it would mean more Don Callis does give me pause for thought admittedly, but I think Okada is the best heel they have right now. He’s an utter knob, without resorting to the edgelord nonsense that MJF does or cheap heat tactics of Samoa Joe. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Pissed myself laughing at this. Fucking hell. It's the weekly TV show, lads. Take it a little bit easier. 

  Hide contents

 

 

Jesus fuck

  • Paid Members
Posted

The worst thing about MJF right now is that before he took time off, he did a decent promo about how he had to go off and remember who he was, find himself, come back better, all of that stuff, only to return exactly the fucking same, not doing a single thing different. Maybe he was just talking about going back to Turkey for another hair implant. What's frustrating is that you only need to look to stuff like his Arena Mexico match with Mistico to see how good he can be.

It's so awkward when you've got three top stars in Kenny, Swerve, and Hangman talking about the World Title, you've got Samoa Joe cutting promos about Hangman Page having the audacity to think he could be champion again ahead of him, yet none of these people are the fucking champion. Mental stuff.

You've then got Don Callis all over the show, reminding you that Kenny Omega can't go two matches without wrestling the Don Callis Family, and still nobody is even talking about the Takeshita/Okada stuff and the fall-out from World's End. It's been weeks, and even without Takeshita, Okada or Fletcher around, Don has been there every week, commentary and interviewers should be grilling him about it. Or hell, the wrestlers involved could be doing promos while they're in Japan, we could get a backstage angle shot at the Tokyo Dome of Takeshita trying to confront Okada while Don's not around and Rocky Romero having to play peacemaker. Anything but just completely forgetting about the most compelling story in the whole company!

Attached to that, Kyle Fletcher is due to return on Collision, and the only reason we know about it is Don Callis mentioning it on commentary, it didn't even warrant a graphic. Andrade is having his in-ring debut on Collision, Ortiz and Eddie Kingston are having their first match as a team on Collision - no time for any angles or promos to promote or set those matches up, but sodding Sky Flight get promo time for their match.


If they're setting up Jet Speed as number one contenders for the Trios Titles, maybe don't have them lose clean in a separate number one contender's match (where another team could have taken the fall), then look like absolute contest winner geeks when Hangman offered them the Trios match.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Pissed myself laughing at this. Fucking hell. It's the weekly TV show, lads. Take it a little bit easier. 

  Hide contents

 

 

This is like when Foley would do concrete bumps on Raw against someone like Road Dogg in a throwaway match. Unnecessary. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

This is like when Foley would do concrete bumps on Raw against someone like Road Dogg in a throwaway match. Unnecessary. 

Billy Gunn you mean, even Foley wasn’t taking daft bumps for Road Dogg. Pervy old Foley knew what Dogg would become. 

Edited by Joe Blog
  • Awards Moderator
Posted
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I was just going to say I thought it was a decent 6.5-7 out of 10, but seeing the other replies I’m being far to generous in my enjoyment of the product.

I was right there with you, and now I’m caught up on the thread… I’m right there with you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...