Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Shibata interfered so much in Joe/Speedball it was almost like two matches going on at once. Bonkers! The match didn't even need it - it worked best when they were just knocking the shit out of each other.

That really bothered me as well. I have no problem with interference or overbooking, but that match made the referee look like a complete idiot for not noticing the constant interference, and made Speedball's mates look like pricks for not coming out to fight off the Opps and keep it a fair fight - you can argue that Kevin Knight was preparing for his match later, but Hangman was there doing sod all, and Speedball has friends in The Conglomeration. Even if they don't come out and help, it's worth having commentary at least ask the question.

I think the problem at the moment is that they know they don't have a PPV until March, so they're taking their time gradually shuffling the decks to get everything lined up where they want it, but that makes the TV shows about as missable as they've ever been. I like what they're doing with MJF trying to fend off multiple threats at once, but we've been here before and it never amounted to much, so I don't have much faith in them sticking the landing this time either.

Posted
30 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Fucking Baron Corbin had a dark match before Dynamite. Don't even think about it Tony!

More surprised by Nathan Cruz. When he was recently on the UK shows I figured it was mates doing a favour. I'd forgotten he was meant to have signed for some backstage role a while back. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

So Kenny Omega’s Streetfighter fandom and collaborations with Capcom have been going on for a while now, with the V Trigger named after the mechanic from SFV and the “You can’t escape” modelled/named after Alex’s super from SF3 and 5. 
 

This has now come full circle with Alex being added to SF6 as DLC and  Kenny doing the motion capture for him. Alex is now busting out snap dragons and has a new super where he does the V Trigger into One winged angel, complete with “Bang!” pose. This is very pleasing to both my fighting game nerd and wrestling nerd brains. Kenny stuff is right at the end: 

 

Edited by JLM
  • Paid Members
Posted

Much better than the last few weeks, I thought. 

The street fight was a ton of fun. I'm really liking this Death Riders vs Callis Family feud at the moment and they can get a good few months out of different combinations fighting each other. I'm not that bothered by the heel vs heel thing this time - they've done a good job of establishing the differences between them, how one team are all about a warped ideology and morality whereas the other team are all about money, and also Don Callis is such a prick it's easy to root for the Death Riders over them. 

Joe vs Speedball and Kevin Knight vs Swerve were both fresh enjoyable matches. Omega vs Alexander was the best Omega has looked in absolutely ages too. I like how you can see a clear delineation on the roster now between the top of the card / the world title scene (being a mixture of MJF, Hangman, Swerve, Omega etc) and the midcard (most of the Family, Conglomeration, Ricochet etc) and then you've got guys like Moxley and Okada who can effortlessly flit between both classes. 

Tag match was fine and they got the right balance of giving Price and Oliver a bit of shine without overdoing it.

I also liked the little moment of Prince Nana beckoning Swerve to come out of the heel tunel before he came out of the face tunnel anyway Just a little moment of foreshadowing/intrigue that doesn't really mean anything at all but it's a nice little easter egg for sad gits like me who pay attention to that sort of thing. 

The only thing I wasn't arsed about this week was the womens match (again, the one single solitary womens match). Timeless Love Bombs just arn't doing it for me. I think they've got a Poochie-esque problem in the womens division, where everytime I see a Toni Storm match I think 'why isn't she going for the world title' and everytime i see a womens world title match without her (as much as I love Stat) I think 'why isn't Toni Storm in this'. It's almost as if shes such a star shes outgrown the entire division, and matches like this just seem like shes slumming it.

A step in the right direction overall though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Toni needs to ditch Mina pronto and hook up with Orange Cassidy. I reckon you could get some blinding telly out of that for a few months. Also OC has absolutely nothing whatsoever going on now and he's not a guy you should be letting sit by on the bench.

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Fucking Baron Corbin had a dark match before Dynamite. Don't even think about it Tony!

I’m totally fine with it, he’s a good promo when he’s unscripted and while he’d never be a main event player, he adds a bit of diversity to the card and I could see him being a fun jobber-to-the-stars type, or even a decent tag team wrestler. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Toni needs to ditch Mina pronto and hook up with Orange Cassidy. I reckon you could get some blinding telly out of that for a few months. Also OC has absolutely nothing whatsoever going on now and he's not a guy you should be letting sit by on the bench.

100% this. They have no chemistry whatsoever but Storm and OC are tremendous together. I’d still be fine with them introducing mixed gender tag titles to get more fun male/female interactions and stories we’ve never seen before.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Fucking Baron Corbin had a dark match before Dynamite. Don't even think about it Tony!

Betting odds he now turns up in the Rumble, because petty WWE nonsense?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Constable Corbin was one of the reasons I stopped watching WWE way back when. I remember one Raw he had a match with Finn Balor which I'm pretty sure is still going on today. A dreadful, dreadful wrestler. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I remember when Baron Corbin had that long shitty receeding hair and he one day shaved it off and said in interviews after he shaved it off because everyone kept telling him they hated it. He was a heel! He should have kept it for the heat! Or at least had a babyface shave it off for a big pop. Absolute buffoon.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

A Baron Corbin dark match and reports of people pushing for AEW to bring Gallus in.

Has everyone lost their fucking minds?!

Poor Martin Stone came out with Corbin and no one mentioned him at all

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...