NeverYield Posted January 29 Posted January 29 I caught a bit of Ciampas promo where he tossed the chair at the end I really hate that 'I'm breathing heavy and im tough as fuck' style of promo its so cringe Very few over the years have been able to do it, and mostly then its after some sort of physical exertion Sitting in a darkened room breathing heavily and glaring at the camera is a no from me Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 It is ironic that for as much as Triple H so obviously hates Tony Khan, I don’t think there’s a bigger fan of NXT Black and Gold than Tony himself. Adam Rose incoming. Whooooo! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 29 Posted January 29 Ciampa has enough about him that he's a worthwhile signing. He can talk. He can wrestle. And quite frankly if he's in a completely different company to Gargano then we should all be thankful. Just don't let him shave ever again. I still get nightmares. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 29 Awards Moderator Posted January 29 I’m in favour of Ciampa coming in. The momentum of promotion moves has been mostly AEW-to-WWE recently so I’m fine with one in the other direction. And I quite liked his music, or I assume I did as I was humming it for a couple of hours after watching the segment. It’s a shame to read on here that Doyle is injured, I was enjoying that match with FTR until the rubbish finish. Felt quite different to your usual AEW match. Main event was great. Andrade winning, as has been pointed out, adds a bit more interest to the World Title picture and gets us to Andrade vs Kenny too. Overall a decent episode of Don Callis Presents: Dynamite. (was the women’s title match the only bit on this show with no Callis connection?) Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 NXT Black and Gold was absolutely mint right up until it went to two hours. I won't have a word said against it. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 3 hours ago, Chili said: Poor Jake Doyle and even more poor Mike Davis. Up there with Bang Bang Bullet Club for being absolutely snakebit whenever something comes up for the act. Yeah especially poor when his name has already been forgotten Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 29 Posted January 29 29 minutes ago, gmoney said: NXT Black and Gold was absolutely mint right up until it went to two hours. I won't have a word said against it. Ironically ciampa vs gargano is what turned so many off Black and Gold. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 Even then, their feud was really good at first. It dragged on and on forever though, and burned everyone's goodwill. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 29 Members Posted January 29 I own about 3 wrestling t-shirts, one of which is a DIY shirt, so you can tell I loved them lads* As @gmoney said it went on forever, became a chore, but that initial turn was thrilling and their matches were all intensive and brutal if you like that sort of wrestling, which I very much do. *Impressive by Gargano to be fair that he is now one of my most hated. Top work mate. Quote
BrodyGraham Posted January 29 Posted January 29 Probably the most fun I've had watching Dynamite in a while. Kenny doesn't look like pre '22 Kenny but fuck me if that isn't as good as he's looked in years. It started a trend on the show of there being someone in pretty much every match that was either a revelation or really strived to remind you how good they are. Jake Doyle and Mark Davis were great right up to the point where Doyle tore his bicep. It's like they've finally landed on a brilliant burly boy tag team and right when they're going to break through it goes to shit. I thought Ace Austin looked great and got the crowd behind him well. He does feel like the most mid 00's ROH guy ever though. Looked like a cross between Austin Aries and Chris Sabin. El Clon is better at being Hologram than Hologram. He was class. Really unique movement and he looks like he's got more intent and weight behind his stuff. Also just comes across as as nasty as you can behind a mask. I know he flatters to deceive, is apparently a moody bastard and will probably get fired after twatting Mike Bailey or Ricochet but if you can get THIS Andrade on the regular, put a rocket on the gorgeous, brilliant bastard. He looked and worked like a fucking megastar and has so many interesting matches on the table that I'm suddenly in the position where I'm finding Andrade the most interesting guy in wrestling. Not something I thought I'd say even a month ago. Hopes that Thekla was picking up the win were scotched the second they announced the main event. Thekla has such a unique charisma and swagger that I could happily accept her as a fun heel champion. (Also I can't get the idea that she looks like violent Sheridan Smith out of my head). Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 2 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Ironically ciampa vs gargano is what turned so many off Black and Gold. Not Big Tone, clearly! Wildest thing in AEW right now is Kenny Omega’s Miraculous Christmas Holidays. The man looked positively washed at that Manchester taping in December. It makes no sense at all that he’s returned in 2026 looking this fantastic. Did Rey Mysterio send him a big box of Stem Cells for Christmas? Did he inherit Tanahashi’s life force after attending his retirement in the Tokyo Dome? Absolutely bonkers. For the sake of completionism, I’m hoping Kyle Fletcher costs Omega the match against Andrade next week, and Kenny vs. Kyle is the Revolution match, allowing us closure for all the loose ends late last year. And then, for the love of God, wrap up this Omega vs. Don Callis Family thing once and for all. Don Callis turned on Kenny Omega in May Twenty Twenty Three. It’s been going on for three fucking years! Can Don take a bump? Surely it ends with a One Winged Angel, before Don returns to his home planet? Quote
BrodyGraham Posted January 30 Posted January 30 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Wildest thing in AEW right now is Kenny Omega’s Miraculous Christmas Holidays. The man looked positively washed at that Manchester taping in December. It makes no sense at all that he’s returned in 2026 looking this fantastic. Did Rey Mysterio send him a big box of Stem Cells for Christmas? Did he inherit Tanahashi’s life force after attending his retirement in the Tokyo Dome? Absolutely bonkers. You're not wrong. He looked so bloated and blown out in Manchester. I think it's the only time I've ever seen him not do the over the top dive after the Terminator tease. 6 weeks later he looks like he's emerged from a chrysalis. Am I the only person who feels like Swerve has put on a bit too much size? It felt mad to me last night that he was moving as snappily as he was. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 30 Paid Members Posted January 30 (edited) I enjoyed the tag title match quite a bit (unfortunate injury aside) but the booking was fairly baffling. Putting your new heel tag team in a title match (that they are too new to win) against a long term heel tag team (who shouldn't lose the titles yet) is such a weird decision. The fans didn't really know what to do with themselves and it was hard to see an outcome that would have helped anyone. Stupid gimmick aside El Clone is great and way better than Hologram. Though bouncing on his head out of the Jay Driller was fucking shite. Exactly the type of thing AEW should not be doing. Statlander/Thekla was a really good match and I liked the extra niggle of the Babes of Wrath offering the Sister of Sin a tag title shot if they didn't interfere. I would be pretty happy if they give Thekla the belt soon - she's great. Swerve/Andrade was excellent and if this is the quality Andrade will be bringing then he's a damn good signing. Could do without the obvious plant girls in the front row stuff though. Enjoyed Okada's slimy apology to Kyle Fletcher but didn't think they really made enough of it. Instead of a short backstage segment they should have gone to town on it and made it a big deal. If you would indulge my fantasy booking for a moment (or feel free to skip because no one likes reading other peoples fantasy booking) they could have doe something like: - Don Callis should have announced ahead of time that Okada was back from Japan and wanted to explain himself to the Don Callis Family live in front of the world. - The Don Callis Family are all in the ring, Okada comes out, offers the apology to Fletcher. Fletcher accepts. They hug and the camera catches a wickedly smug shit eating grin on Okada's face. The Family (except Takeshita) is over the moon ,cheering and clapping. - Okada then turns to Takeshita with a guilty look on his face while Takeshita stares him down. They really milk it for the crowd reaction while Don looks on. Then they go with one of three choices: 1) Okada offers a similar disingenuous apology to Takeshita and offers his hand. Takeshita sees right through it, refuses it and walks away driving a wedge between himself and The Don Callis Family. 2) Instead of apologising like he did to Fletcher Okada breaks out in an evil smile and flips Takeshita off. Takeshita then pushes Okada over and the rest of the family quickly jump in to break it up. 3) Okada apologises and offers his hand. Takeshita looks at it, unsure what to do and again really milks the moment while the rest of the Family encourages him. What's he going to go? He looks for a moment as if he's starting to raise his hand when the Deathriders music interrupts and they come running to the ring a big brawl breaks out. The tension between the two men is unresolved. Or something along those lines. I would have preferred an angle like that than Mox vs Ace Austin anyway. I think this Okada/Takeshita/Don Callis Family stuff has loads of potential and loads of story avenues - I'm excited to see where it goes. Edited January 30 by LaGoosh Quote
abucalves Posted January 30 Posted January 30 I suppose it is AEW TV, apparently an Adult Swim and AEW show is coming. https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/aew-and-adult-swim-teaming-up-for-new-project/ Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 30 Awards Moderator Posted January 30 8 hours ago, BrodyGraham said: Am I the only person who feels like Swerve has put on a bit too much size? It felt mad to me last night that he was moving as snappily as he was. I sort of feel like this too, but like you say, he’s still able to move the way he did before the extra size. Maybe I’m just not used to it. Maybe Rey Mysterio fan from WCW felt the same when he turned up in WWE in 02. I said yesterday I liked Old Man Ciampa’s music, but after reading Pat’s post about Talking Heads, that’s been in my head and now I want it. Totally different thought - is Danielson done with commentary now Taz is back? He’s vanished without (on-screen) explanation. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.