All in 2024

Add in Hangman being an absolute lunatic at the moment and not knowing where he'll turn up or who he'll batter next..

One thing I think we may have overlooked is a little way out that Danielson may have for the match. Say Hangman comes out and goes at Swerve and Danielson gets dq'd, he'll come out later and say 'technically I never lost the match as I never wanted Hangman to get involved'. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

On the contrary I'd argue the World title has been booked pretty decent this year so far and they've done a tremendous job of putting Swerve across as the top guy while raising the stock of the Championship.

As for future programmes they can go with any combination of Swerve, Hangman, Danielson, a returning Mox and Omega, MJF, easily bring Samoa Joe back in the main event scene, while also raising Darby Allin, Okada, Adam Copeland and Will Ospreay up to the top level pretty easily if they so wish. There's loads of exciting potential there. It's fun not to know where things are going and there being loads of options and possibilities.  

Yeah I agree. Other AEW belts can have that argument made against them. Arguably every other AEW belt can have that argument made against it, but not the world title. 

52 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

To clarify I was referring to the main event scene rather than the whole show. For example I have no idea who is going to be World Champion in December and who they're going to be feuding with. I really like that. Other promotions it feels like you can easily predict what the top feuds for the next 12 months will be.

I don't know about that. In WWE, it's pretty hard to chart the course for Gunther; although I think John Cena is a likely destination. Cody will probably encounter The Rock at some point, but the Smackdown roster is so thin that it's actually quite hard to work out where they're going to go with him. Kind of the opposite situation to AEW, I suppose. 

I do agree that AEW's booking has been good this year - you've not said this, but I think it's improved quite significantly. I don't know if it coincides with the writers Khan has brought in, or if it's something else - but Dynamite is generally an easy watch, and I dip into Collision and Rampage occasionally now too, something I wouldn't have even considered this time last year. 

54 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

One thing I think we may have overlooked is a little way out that Danielson may have for the match. Say Hangman comes out and goes at Swerve and Danielson gets dq'd, he'll come out later and say 'technically I never lost the match as I never wanted Hangman to get involved'. 

I really can't see them doing a screwy DQ finish in the main event of their biggest show of the year.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Bryan Danielson announcing on BBC Sounds that he’s flying in his wife and kids. The first time his son has ever seen him wrestle live.

This is it, isn’t it? Flying his kids in (and likely giving them the full Beyond the Mat experience when he starts bleeding everywhere) sure sounds like the swan song.

Hopefully, if this is the end, Tony Khan being a cheapskate and getting everyone the Saver Breakfast at Spoons is a sign of him paying the big bucks to get Europe to sing Bryan to the ring live.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

No prizes for guessing which Dementor recommended where Mercedes should go for breakfast once they landed in the UK.

IMG_9250.thumb.jpeg.b0468f08b9459558ca07e3ba6a29969c.jpeg

“It’s the best pub in the oldest city in the world!”

@Frankie Crisp I think this would rank as one of your better ones.

• Paid Members

Not much more miserable than walking across that velcro sticky carpet to sit down and be served that egg. I'd no-show Wembley and just go back home.

6 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I really can't see them doing a screwy DQ finish in the main event of their biggest show of the year.

True. Maybe have Hangman batter Swerve pre-match then let Danielson get the win. Gives a natural rematch storyline as well as extending the fued with Swerve. Danielson gets his Wembley moment but with a little tinge of 'I never wanted to win it that way' but gives him a little while with the title to get a few last remaining dream matches in but then drops it to Hangman or back to Swerve. (Yes inspired by the Cena farewell tour comments on the RAW thread)

I dunno though, it's such a predicament to try and guess which way it's going to go.