Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I remembered he was in the Shitarse 50, which I'm delighted to find that the live journal is still up. Screenshot_20240821_184539_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1424c8f1ded95d1f3cf8c98b9587cfbf.jpg

 

Yes! It was a Men in Black gimmick! I think he might have been "Agent N" for a while...

  • Paid Members
Posted

If Taylor Swift is still in London then her good buddy Jeff Jarrett should give her a bell and get her involved on Saturday. Stranger things have happened!

Posted
1 hour ago, thatvinylgeek said:

I have some great memories from TAP not least...being able to cut my first promo and not realising it was a wired mic so I couldn't move more than a foot from the turnbuckle, me vs Spud (of Drake Maverick fame) for the TAP UK championships...which I won I should mention! Super Dragon wrestling in front of a rabid crowd of 6 in a working men's club...and Steve Blamey's pink coat (if you know, you know) 

Great memories! The fact this was all 20 years ago terrifies me! 

Hey Simon ? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

If Taylor Swift is still in London then her good buddy Jeff Jarrett should give her a bell and get her involved on Saturday. Stranger things have happened!

*busts a guitar over someone's head, grabs a mic, tells them to shake *that* off*

  • Paid Members
Posted

https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/pro-wrestling/hangman-adam-page-i-will-erase-swerve-strickland-from-history

The best character in pro-wrestling delivers a spectacular in-character interview. Completely off his rocker, paranoid as fuck, constantly asking how they got his number, absolutely obsessed with the demise of Swerve Strickland. I love it. Like Dennis “I’m not booked,” Stamp from Beyond the Mat, but if Dennis was a fucking psychopath who might bring a gun to Terry Funk’s last match. I worry about everyone at Wembley when this maniac arrives.

This is my favourite part, but the whole thing is definitely worth your time. Cracking bit of kayfabe. It’s still real to me!

IMG_9264.thumb.jpeg.33cdca6b45b386c115418b2c611c8158.jpeg

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think the way I feel about Hangman Page is how some of you feel about Bret Hart. I only consume wrestling via social media clips these days, but every time he comes up I feel like I'm 8 years old and it's real again. Genuinely tempted to pay for All In just to see what he does.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Re HOOK vs Jericho - just looked it up and this story started at the beginning of April. Unbelievable. Months of shit. In comparison, Joe vs HOOK was a three week long feud that with one match and a loss made HOOK look like a million dollars while Jericho has practically killed him off.

Hope all 50,000 on Sunday go for a piss break all at once when the match starts.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Hope all 50,000 on Sunday go for a piss break all at once when the match starts.

They shouldn't have a chance really, as the only way to salvage anything out of this is to do a version of Tazz vs Lawler at One Night Stand 06 - Hook enters first and spends the whole of Jericho's entrance doing his back turned thing, Jericho turns to the crowd to do his "hi guys" wave and as he does, Hook slaps on the RedRum and chokes him out. Over in 15 seconds. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

If we assume Mercedes went to Chris Jericho for tips on UK cuisine, left disappointed, it would seem Lio Rush went to a proper expect and Chris Hero set him straight.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...