The Future Carking Thread

Frankie Crisp

I always find myself affected by actor deaths rather than musicians or other public figures.  

Same as @Bellenda Carlisle, I’m going for Arnie. The man is an icon, and his films have brought me so much entertainment throughout my life. I’ll be a wreck when he goes.

Henry Winkler. I met him about a decade ago, and he seems like a really good egg. Another iconic actor.

George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford. The Star Wars and Indy group. 

Jack Nicholson. Even though he’s long since retired and you never see him anymore, when Jack goes I will retire to a dark room, assume the foetal position and sob. 

• Paid Members

Mark Hamill will be a tough one because of how much pop culture he's managed to engrain himself into with his acting in live action, animation, and videogames. He just seems so humble and down to earth. 

Michael Palin is another one that comes to mind. Just in terms of longevity and someone who I've enjoyed for the majority of my life. Just seems like the nicest guy and I've really connected to a lot of his different works over the years.

Completely agree with those who have said Sir Alex Ferguson. I have no real interest in football anymore and haven't really had any interest in it for the last 15 years or so, but that loss will definitely be felt. The word 'icon' and the term 'G.O.A.T' are thrown around a lot nower days and awarded quite lightly to people but I think Sir Alex is a genuine contender for both of those terms.

I adore both Mike Patton and Eric Cantona and will mourn both massively when they pass but hopefully that day is very far away.

Edited by deathrey

Ian McKellen for me, I am an absolute LOTR fan boy and have loved him since seeing him play Gandalf. 

David Attenborough, the voice of my childhood and the reason I became such a lover of the natural world. 

Tom Waits, he a sad day when he finally goes out to his ol 55.

Oh, I forgot Sir Patrick Stewart, we are from the same town and he is a local legend, I won't hear a bad word said against him and he is most definitely put on a pedestal. Other than Harold Wilson (and more recently Jodie Whittaker and Lena Heady) there are no other famous people from my town.

Edited by deathrey

@Joe Blog got there first, but I would absolutely be devastated the day David Attenborough goes. One of the last genuine 'National Treasures' left. 

Springsteen, Nicholson, Hanks, Osborne will also be ones that will get me. 

• Paid Members

Bob Warman. Presented ITV Central News from when I was born all the way into adulthood, someone whose voice and presence has been there my whole life. He retired a few years back and going to my parents for tea without his voice and that warm, welcoming manner in the background just isn't the same. When he finally dies it'll be like a part of my childhood has gone along with it.

My sister served him in Beatties once and said he was the loveliest man and the warmth you felt on-screen just radiated from him off-screen too.

18 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Bob Warman. Presented ITV Central News from when I was born all the way into adulthood, someone whose voice and presence has been there my whole life. He retired a few years back and going to my parents for tea without his voice and that warm, welcoming manner in the background just isn't the same. When he finally dies it'll be like a part of my childhood has gone along with it.

My sister served him in Beatties once and said he was the loveliest man and the warmth you felt on-screen just radiated from him off-screen too.

Hosted Central TV Woman of the Year 1983 so he gets my vote.