Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

9 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Dabney Coleman has passed at 92.  In loads of films and TV shows, one of those actors who has been in everything and worked with everyone.  

Wargames is the first performance that springs to mind but he was ace in Boardwalk Empire. Mind you, he was ace in practically everything. 

• Paid Members
On 5/18/2024 at 8:19 PM, Thunderplex said:

Dabney Coleman has passed at 92.  In loads of films and TV shows, one of those actors who has been in everything and worked with everyone.  

Only just heard about this. Terrific character actor in everything he was in. Highly recommend Cloak & Dagger for one of his bigger and best roles, pairs well with the (awesome) WarGames, too.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Maybe one for On Topic, but I didn't see a relevant thread there. 

Veteran independent wrestler Bad Bones, most well known for his work in WXW, age 40. 

spacer.png

Shit, that's terrible. 40! Poor guy. RIP. I always thought he'd end up in WWE at some point, as he had a pretty good look. 

Edited by Carbomb

Posted (edited)

Morgan Spurlock who did Supersize Me & other docs has died of cancer at 53

Was just reading an article on him earlier this week that most of his health problems on the documentary were actually as he was a functioning alcoholic rather than anything to do with eating McDonalds.

Edited by Daddymagic

I absolutely loved that documentary I'll be honest. I think it came at just the right time with Bowling For Columbine, where I started to see docs as part of cinema, rather than just things on TV if that makes sense.

His ESPN 30 for 30, The Dotted Line is absolutely superb as well.

Whenever I see his name pop up I always remember the much missed @Guy Bifkin after watching his living on minimum wage one who said “When he was mixing up what looked like wallpaper paste for his dinner I though I bet you’d kill for a Big Mac now you fraudulent prick”

And of course he was a serial sex pest, but seemed to be one of the few who was actually sorry about it. 

18 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

I often wonder what Holmes would think

The DOB occasionally pops up with Slough FC, he was working for them but not sure if he still is. 

• Paid Members

He did a follow up to Super Size Me where he opened a chicken restaurant or something? I've not had chance to watch, but if it's anywhere near as good as the first one I'm sure it's worth a watch? 53 is no age. Cancer is a horrible thing.