• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Are we now resorting to "My guy can beat your guy?"

If we are, I'll put money on Phil. He may be a shit MMA fighter, he's still a MMA fighter. Unless Tone is a shooter himself.

Cocaine strength. 

On the whole showing the footage, it is a bad time to be doing it. But it makes me laugh how peoples view on it have changed. When it came out what happened, people on twitter and the like were saying “release the footage. We need to see it” etc. Now it’s allegedly being shown, the same people are saying it’s petty and shouldn’t happen.

I for one look forward to it. Because I’m a nosey bastard and like when the curtains peeled back. I hope it is the actual footage of the incident. 

Just now, TheBurningRed said:

Cocaine strength. 

On the whole showing the footage, it is a bad time to be doing it. But it makes me laugh how peoples view on it have changed. When it came out what happened, people on twitter and the like were saying “release the footage. We need to see it” etc. Now it’s allegedly being shown, the same people are saying it’s petty and shouldn’t happen.

I for one look forward to it. Because I’m a nosey bastard and like when the curtains peeled back. I hope it is the actual footage of the incident. 

Careful now.

If they are releasing the actual footage then this just makes TK look incredibly petty and thin-skinned. Also, couldn't choose a worse time to do it, considering WWE have just come off an incredible Mania weekend both commercially and artistically.  If it's a swerve, its loltna levels of embarrassing shite. So goosed either way. Should focus on filling his arenas and making use of all the stars he's paid handsomely to take off WWE's hands instead.

For as much as I want to see it for chaotic reasons there's negative buzz surrounding this company right now, it was already real low regardless of how good shows have been this year but now we're in "FFS" territory.

I'm not even going to attempt to come up with a better way of generating positive hype but it sure as hell isn't this.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I promise I’m not trying to catch you out or be an arse here, but could you list three negative traits you’ve noticed in Tony Khan, specifically in relation to his booking or handling of talent? 

For someone who likes my posts, that’s a weird thing to ask, because he’s a flawed guy. I think he is unfairly treated overall (especially compared to how the other place has been run), but he’s not faultless.

- Women’s division. Yes it’s getting better now but for ages it was the 21:20 - 21:40 segment. A match, maybe a promo, that’s your lot. 

- Talent Relations. we’ve seen wrestlers released who have found out from dirt sheets because no one could be bothered to call them. That’s not how you treat people.

- Freedom. What does an EVP do? What do you mean you’re not happy with that angle, call you with new ideas next month? Backstage can be chaotic (ignoring the punch ups), it does seem to be they need more structure. Tony Khan wants to be hands on with everything, stretching himself to thin. Though I think Punk has turned out to be a bit of a prick, I can imagine that a lot of his comments made in that interview about the backstage of AEW were accurate. It definitely needs to have a better structure.

Do you want to give me 3 things you like about the current AEW landscape or is that a bit too Cody/Rock belt swap?

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

For someone who likes my posts, that’s a weird thing to ask, because he’s a flawed guy. I think he is unfairly treated overall (especially compared to how the other place has been run), but he’s not faultless.

Not at all, I enjoy your posts - but you do tend to view him in a positive way to the point it’s hard to identify what your criticisms of him are. Which is absolutely fine, and perhaps you feel these issues have been adequately addressed by others. As I say, I’m not trying to catch you out - I was just curious about what your stance was. 

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Do you want to give me 3 things you like about the current AEW landscape or is that a bit too Cody/Rock belt swap?

I’m happy to - although I’m not so sure others will be interested!

1. Samoa Joe - for whatever reason, neither TNA or WWE got everything they could have out of Joe. He’s been absolutely brilliant as champ, to the point I don’t know if having him drop the belt any time soon is a good idea.

2. Christian Cage - he’s shown how underrated he’s been; even by the fans, who questioned the wisdom of giving him the billing that Khan did. Tony Khan was right about him, the doubters were wrong - he’s on the run of his life.

3. Sting’s run and retirement- he’s obviously gone now, but it’s hard to fault anything about his run. Everything about it was perfect. 

I’ll throw in a fourth and fifth for good measure…

4. Toni Storm - she’s just tremendous. 

5. Hey Ew - Khan seems to let RJ City do his own thing with very limbo interference, and I’m glad he does - it’s consistently hilarious.

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

Cocaine strength. 

To be fair, it's 8 months later. Why would those same people still care? The relationships over, move on.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The real and important question here is - which thread does all this chat belong? This one, the Tony Khan Is A Twat one or the CM Punk one?

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

- Women’s division. Yes it’s getting better now but for ages it was the 21:20 - 21:40 segment. A match, maybe a promo, that’s your lot. 

- Talent Relations. we’ve seen wrestlers released who have found out from dirt sheets because no one could be bothered to call them. That’s not how you treat people.

- Freedom. What does an EVP do? What do you mean you’re not happy with that angle, call you with new ideas next month? Backstage can be chaotic (ignoring the punch ups), it does seem to be they need more structure. Tony Khan wants to be hands on with everything, stretching himself to thin. Though I think Punk has turned out to be a bit of a prick, I can imagine that a lot of his comments made in that interview about the backstage of AEW were accurate. It definitely needs to have a better 

- Chris Jericho. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, JLM said:

- Chris Jericho. 

Chris Jericho since 2023, absolutely. I do think it was a savvy pick up at the time. Remember this was pre Mox, pre Danielson, pre Punk, Pre Cole. He was a WWE guy, at the top for many years, it was a great statement of intent.

But yes, he needs to go and while he’s continually featured, it makes Tony’s booking stupid.

• Paid Members

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Chris Jericho since 2023, absolutely. I do think it was a savvy pick up at the time. Remember this was pre Mox, pre Danielson, pre Punk, Pre Cole. He was a WWE guy, at the top for many years, it was a great statement of intent.

But yes, he needs to go and while he’s continually featured, it makes Tony’s booking stupid.

Oh yeah definitely recent Jericho, not his whole run. I don’t think anyone would argue he wasn’t beneficial to AEW initially.