Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I love that he's being paid millions of dollars to turn up, do one funny bit then go home. I'd kill for that job.

Hangman must be the Wild Card. Who else could it be?

Clap GIF

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm expecting Hangman.

Looking at the brackets, it seems more likely than ever that it's Hangman vs. Swerve and Danielson vs. McGuinness at Wembley, with Big Nige costing Bryan the tournament.

I'd be more than happy with that. The two best feuds in the company right now. Plus, an open air stadium is the perfect place for another Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch, isn't it? I won't give this up!

All that goes to shit if Ospreay wins at Forbidden Door though, in which case maybe Ricochet is the Wild Card. Richard O'Shea.

Obviously, the most important thing of all is what Hangman's moustache looks like.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Danielson vs. McGuinness at Wembley, with Big Nige costing Bryan the tournament.

It's never gonna' happen.*

I'm pretty confident we're getting Hangman vs Swerve, Danielson vs Ospreay 2 and a big Elite Stadium Stampede as the 3 big men matches.

Good build for Ospreay/Swerve. I'm predicting a Swerve win but at the same time can see an Ospreay victory here. Feels like a match neither can afford to lose right now. Which is good! Main events should feel like that.

*please don't quote me when it happens. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ospreay is surely getting screwed by Callis and co and then running through them until Wembley right? 

He's so much doing his own thing right now that in storyline terms an egomaniac like Don would hate that he isn't out there too and would react quite bitter. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
55 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

Ospreay is surely getting screwed by Callis and co and then running through them until Wembley right? 

You'd think so. But weirdly they had Ospreay run through the Callis Family as soon as he turned up so it's kind of confusing how they do it without it being a repeat of the same. Also the Callis Family doesn't really have an "end boss" so I just can't figure out how they do it.

Rush/MJF was really good up until it's weirdly abrupt ending. Also I think MJF should have won with a roll-up or something . It felt like too sudden and solid a defeat for Rush. AEW is a babyface promotion but it'd be nice if they could protect some of their heels a bit more.

If Hangman is the wild card I'd book it as follows:

1. Return as a big babyface and beat dastardly heel Jeff Jarrett.

2. Face Rey Fenix in the semi-finals, start off as a babyafce but Hanger gets progressively heelish - closer to a tweener by the end of the match.

3. In the final against Danielson go full heel as the match goes on, cheat to defeat and snatch Danielson's Wembley main event dream out his hands. New top heel - Hangman, baby.

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

 

Good build for Ospreay/Swerve. I'm predicting a Swerve win but at the same time can see an Ospreay victory here. Feels like a match neither can

afford to lose right now. Which is good! Main events should feel like that.

 

I think Swerve retains, but I think Ospreay can afford to lose. He is on an undefeated streak and it's clear he's going to breakaway from the DCF as well.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'm loving the renewed prevalence of 6 and 8 man tags on these shows. With a roster this big it's an absolute no brainer. Exciting matches where you can have all kinds of characters interacting with each other, tell multiple stories all at once and give the spotlight to loads of people without overexposing them and build interest and anticipation for upcoming singles matches. Long may it continue!

On the other end of the quality spectrum, what was Jericho doing this week?! His weird shouting and facial expressions...it's getting increasingly difficult to work out what he's going for with this gimmick.

Edited by LaGoosh
Posted

I'm loving this squad of Cassidy, Kyle and Briscoe. Three lads without an island uniting to fight common enemies/former mates. Also Mark Briscoe as this unhinged gobbledygook philosopher is so fun.

 

Posted
12 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

You'd think so. But weirdly they had Ospreay run through the Callis Family as soon as he turned up so it's kind of confusing how they do it without it being a repeat of the same. Also the Callis Family doesn't really have an "end boss" so I just can't figure out how they do it.

If you watch the segment with the family, which was stupidly unsubtle they showed Fletcher hanging back, so I reckon they are setting him up.

Which makes sense politically speaking, they are best mates in real life and Ospreay will want to support his friends on show a massive show. 

The fact Kyle can deliver in the ring helps massively.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

So apparently Shane McMahon has previously reached out to AEW about hypothetically joining the company. I can't ever see it happening really but fucking hell what a mad timeline it would be if he did pop on Dynamite. The logical part of my brain knows it'd be awful but at the same time it'd be so crazy you kind of HAVE to do it just to see what happens.

He probably saw some of Darby's spots and it got his mad bump juices flowing.

Edited by LaGoosh

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...