Paid Members JLM Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 (edited) Yeah there was one occasion in NXT where he had to defend the tag titles on his own, probably because Fish was injured again. He went to do his air guitar, then looked around and realised he had no Undisputed Era friends with him, and was therefore too sad to play. My favourite bit of character work I’ve seen from him. I don’t want student wanker Kyle ever again, but slightly goofy over super serious is definitely the way to go for him. Edited June 21, 2024 by JLM Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 Stories of Samoa Joe posting medieval weapons to Jon Moxley is the type of content I want in my life. We haven’t had a Joe vs. Mox match in AEW, have we? Maybe once Mox collects all the weapons, they can do the match and he can use them. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 51 minutes ago, Supremo said: Stories of Samoa Joe posting medieval weapons to Jon Moxley is the type of content I want in my life. We haven’t had a Joe vs. Mox match in AEW, have we? Maybe once Mox collects all the weapons, they can do the match and he can use them. Jon Moxley vs Samoa Joe in a Weird Old Weapons I have stashed in a bucket in my garage match. I like it. No dumber than The Hardy Compound. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 I know ratings chat is dull as fuck, but the viewership this week being so far down seems...odd. Is there some contextual reason it's down so much? The show itself was pretty decent or at least of a similar standard to recent months I thought. Seems weird. I quite enjoyed it. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 38 minutes ago, mim731 said: I know ratings chat is dull as fuck, but the viewership this week being so far down seems...odd. Is there some contextual reason it's down so much? The show itself was pretty decent or at least of a similar standard to recent months I thought. Seems weird. I quite enjoyed it. It was down 26% from last week. It’s very weird because it was a decent episode with a well promoted MJF/Rush match. Maybe it’s because only AEW fans would be interested in it, but that kind of drop is worrying. Especially as Rampage and Collision have been on the ups a bit recently, Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 Such a massive drop is very strange. Ratings drop gradually, they don't tend to plummet. I know it was a national holiday and clashed with the Kendrick concert which drew huge numbers. If it's the same the next few weeks then that's something to definitely worry about. If they return to 700-800K I guess it's just a weird anomaly. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2024 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Such a massive drop is very strange. Ratings drop gradually, they don't tend to plummet. I know it was a national holiday and clashed with the Kendrick concert which drew huge numbers. If it's the same the next few weeks then that's something to definitely worry about. If they return to 700-800K I guess it's just a weird anomaly. The worst thing is, it was a decent episode of Dynamite, Even WOR and Busted Open were very positive about it, but the Anti AEW twitter lot are having a field day Quote
Vamp Posted June 22, 2024 Posted June 22, 2024 Isn't there some talk that it's because they didn't have the lead in from Big Bang Theory (which was replaced by Black Panther)? The theory being that AEW's ratings are artificially boosted by Big Bang Theory viewers not changing station quickly enough to not be counted as wrestling fans. Which, if that is the reason, has got to fucking depressing for everyone involved. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2024 7 hours ago, Vamp said: Isn't there some talk that it's because they didn't have the lead in from Big Bang Theory (which was replaced by Black Panther)? The theory being that AEW's ratings are artificially boosted by Big Bang Theory viewers not changing station quickly enough to not be counted as wrestling fans. Which, if that is the reason, has got to fucking depressing for everyone involved. I don’t buy that because if that was the case the ratings should really drop off by the end of the first hour and they don’t. Quote
Daddymagic Posted June 22, 2024 Posted June 22, 2024 They get a slight bump from Big Bang every week but no more than say 50k. Havent watched AEW in a few weeks, nothing is drawing me in at the moment. Have they given up on the Elite story already? Is Jericho still stinking up the show? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2024 15 minutes ago, Daddymagic said: Have they given up on the Elite story already? Is Jericho still stinking up the show? No and yes. Although thankfully Jericho only got a backstage segment this week. Past few weeks of TV have been decent. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2024 Come on now, we have a thread for this. Let's not ruin some decent wrestling and Chris Jericho by letting ratings talk spread in here. Quote
The Gaffer Posted June 22, 2024 Posted June 22, 2024 On 6/21/2024 at 8:08 AM, LaGoosh said: So apparently Shane McMahon has previously reached out to AEW about hypothetically joining the company. 21 hours ago, Merzbow said: Mixed Medieval Arts could catch on. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 22, 2024 Posted June 22, 2024 On 6/21/2024 at 5:00 PM, Merzbow said: Mixed Medieval Arts could catch on. IM GONNA MACE... HIS FUCKING HEAD IN! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.